Seeking a THIN Mirka interface pad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using a thin interface pad (a few mm thick) on my Mirka Ceros and it's worked a dream. It was getting a bit tatty and losing it's grip (bit like me :lol: ) and so I ordered a couple of replacements. They are about three/four times the thickness of my old thin pad. Like all interface pads, they are impossible to apply them exactly concentric and because of the now much increased mass coupled with the high rotational speed of the Ceros, they vibrate the fillings out of your teeth. It's a pig to use.

So can anyone please point me in the direction of a thin pad ?

TIA

Hi Roger
I got a pack of the thin mirka interface pads from Anglia tools, they had to order them in as they’re not a stock item, in normal times I’m lucky as they have a depot in Milton Keynes and the staff are beyond excellent.
If your struggling, PM me your address and I’ll send one up to you
Harvey

try proper Dulux paint centers as my local sells all mirka stuff and Ihave got mine there in the past

Axminster sell them. I think this is the one I use (I bought a pack years ago):

https://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-disc- ... s-ax851925

The are two types. I think a "pad saver" is the type you're looking for - just a thin bit of velcro to protect the pad on the tool. There are also "interface pads" which are thicker and foam backed for sanding contours such as on car bodywork.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

siggy_7":2yk1r5fc said:
Axminster sell them. I think this is the one I use (I bought a pack years ago):

https://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-disc- ... s-ax851925

The are two types. I think a "pad saver" is the type you're looking for - just a thin bit of velcro to protect the pad on the tool. There are also "interface pads" which are thicker and foam backed for sanding contours such as on car bodywork.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Many thanks. I now realise that there are two types. Just wish the company I bought them from had made it clearer on their website.

Latest posts

Back