Sedgwick sm4ii spindle moulder 240v

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchtopjoinery

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forums but I have bee reading it for over three years now and I find it very help full and interesting.
I thought that I may be able to get some help with a spindle moulder I've got, it's a Sedgwick sm4ii brook comton 3.0kw 240v with motor brake, I do a lot or oak work and big rebates, and I would like to up grade it to a brook Compton 3phase 415v 4kw 5,5hp motor with brake, I've been looking on the Internet at some prices but was wondering if any body had a spindle that they were converting to do a swap, or any old 4kw 3phase motors that they have taken off machines befor for sale?

Thanks Jacob :D

Benchtopjoinery":3m4hakso said:
Hi, I'm new to this forums but I have bee reading it for over three years now and I find it very help full and interesting.
I thought that I may be able to get some help with a spindle moulder I've got, it's a Sedgwick sm4ii brook comton 3.0kw 240v with motor brake, I do a lot or oak work and big rebates, and I would like to up grade it to a brook Compton 3phase 415v 4kw 5,5hp motor with brake, I've been looking on the Internet at some prices but was wondering if any body had a spindle that they were converting to do a swap, or any old 4kw 3phase motors that they have taken off machines befor for sale?

Thanks Jacob :D
Jacob, have you realised you need to nearly rewire the machine for 3 phase wiring & switching ?? and does the motor have the same footprint and spindle size etc etc.

Back