Sedgwick PT255 outfeed roller issue - HELP!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spearojosh

Reaction score
Little problem:

As soon as the wood clears my infeed rollers, it stops dead. Strange thing is, the outfeed rollers still seem to be touching the wood. They're just spinning on it. If I pull the wood through manually the outfeed rollers drop a little bit when the wood clears them.

The outfeed roller is smooth metal. I've cleaned it up and tried to adjust both the tension of the springs and the height of the outfeed roller to no avail.

I must have spent half a day on this - very frustrating! Any help would be great.

Thanks all.

Could the blades be projecting too far from the cutter block ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

First thing I always do if having issues with feeding is give the table a good clean with wd40 & wire wool and then paste wax. Solves the issue most of the time.

Is this a recent issue? Blade change recently?

Have a look at the blocks supporting the ends of the feed rollers. That's the part directly above the springs, they move up and down in a slot in the casting. It's possible that chippings have become packed beneath the blocks and are stopping the roller moving down to the proper place.

Latest posts

Back