Sedgwick LK saw dismantle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTFM

Reaction score
Hi,

Couldn't find a thread on this so started a new post. I have a Sedgwick LK (photos attached). I need to get it out of the workshop and hence through a narrow door. So I am trying to remove the top table. I am stumped as to how to get it off. I have removed the four bolts underneath in each corner. I have also loosened the three large green bolts above the axle. It still feels as if something to do with the wheel blade height adjuster is stopping it. I don't have the manual.

The eagle eyed may also spot an Elektra Beckum TF100 moulder which I need to let go. Works but starter switch has a problem.

Anyway, any advice on the Sedgwick gratefully received.

Regards

DSC_3017_compress81.jpg
DSC_3019_compress14.jpg

Getting them apart can take a bit of faffing about. After the bolts holding the top on are removed you need to disconnect the rise and fall mechanism. You can either take the handle off, unbolt the bracket and it will come away, or, you can remove the pin that holds the mechanism to the handle shaft which is the way I do it. I’ve highlighted the pin that needs to be driven out. Be careful, you don’t want to damage the bearing......it’s expensive to replace🤭

Looks a nice saw.
274D78AE-05B0-4B2E-B5CF-27243C6ABBA9.jpeg

Getting them apart can take a bit of faffing about. After the bolts holding the top on are removed you need to disconnect the rise and fall mechanism. You can either take the handle off, unbolt the bracket and it will come away, or, you can remove the pin that holds the mechanism to the handle shaft which is the way I do it. I’ve highlighted the pin that needs to be driven out. Be careful, you don’t want to damage the bearing......it’s expensive to replace🤭

Looks a nice saw.View attachment 101048
Thanks deema, that is helpful. Can you tell me how the pin comes out please? I will be careful.

Great thanks. I think I am more inclined to remove the wheel mechanism. The pin might be really hard to get out. You seem to need very thin arms to reach everything! Please see the photos. Do I still need to remove the three bolts shown?
DSC_3039_compress77.jpg
DSC_3036_compress25.jpg

I would highly recommend not to take the three bolts out that is holding the mechanism to the table top, in fact I would tighten them up as soon as possible. The bits are probably only being held together by the two pins which align the mechanism and table.
Drop the motor off, you can then get at the pin. The way your suggesting aiso works, the handle is also held on by a pin which will also need knocking out if you go that way. Either pin is normally a taper pin, you need to work out which end is the thin end when knocking them out.
The table comes away with the mechanism. It’s extremely heavy.
You will need to drop the motor off which ever way you go.

Last edited:
Back