SECRET SANTA ORGANISER NOT HAPPY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an effort to remain completely transparent, Please find below the letter I sent in reply to a prompt to come and read this topic.

I must openly apologise to the forum, however I hope that given the circumstances, I hope that some understanding can be drawn.

I will make it a priority to get over to the workshop to finally open my Santa gift however due to currently not being able to drive, this is somewhat more difficult than it sounds.

Apologies again.

I am not quite sure what the issue is here as no one has contacted me since before Christmas now, where I was asked for an update on my secret santa gift. I responded to this message on the 20th stating that i had sent my gift out on the previous Friday (the 19th) by courier (parcel force)

Sadly, I take it from that rather cryptic forum post, that I am assuming was aimed at myself as you have directed me towards it, that my secret santa gift was not received.

I can provide both proof of postage, and a invoice from the retailer that I bought the gifts from if it is really required, however, I have no evidence of the hand made part of the package.

I must apologise for having not posted a picture of the gifts that I have received, but there is actually a reason for this. It is because I haven't actually opened it yet.

Sadly on the 21st of December, I was taken ill and taken to hospital where I remained over Christmas. After having a CT scan and a lumbar puncture it was confirmed that I had subarachnoid haemorrhage and although due to its size, is not life threatening, is still very serious. To be told you have had a stroke at the age of 26 was a pretty major event in my life, and although I am truly very sorry that I haven't got around to getting back into the workshop to open my gift, given my circumstances I hope that a little understanding would have been given.

Whilst I am not willing to provide you with my medical notes as form of proof, I can however provide you with a picture of myself in my hospital bed and from the date stamp, you can see that I am in fact telling the truth, if this is required.

Please don't hesitate to contact me by telephone on 07527537876 or 01425627769 if you need to discuss this any further. As suggested in that post, I shall not be signing up to next years santa. Quite honestly I am slightly offended that the first conclusion that has been drawn is that I am some sort of con man, trying to rob someone of there Christmas present as opposed to giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

Regards.

Sam.

Thanks guys, I am on the mend now, even if I am now a walking pharmacy. Just learning to cope with some of the weirder side effects!

Its so frustrating not being able to be in the workshop, especially as you may have seen in other posts I have just signed a new lease on a bigger workshop. I will keep you posted.

Many thanks :)

Apologies for my earlier offensive post- I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions ;) wishing you a speedy recovery, hopefully you'll be back in full swing soon.

Hi,

hansonread":2215ywkw said:
I hope that a little understanding would have been given.

I'm sure it is / will be but can we extend that to us lot as well please?! :lol:

hansonread":2215ywkw said:
Quite honestly I am slightly offended that the first conclusion that has been drawn is that I am some sort of con man, trying to rob someone of there Christmas present as opposed to giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

Please don't be, a unhappy chain of events shouldn't affect the future especially when Santas involved! As someone who has seen far more of the HNS than I would of liked lately I hope that this years one that works out better for you and i'll be in the draw and will be happy if I get drawn with you.

Mainly though please get rid of that horrible photo, I mean all the best for your recovery and I hope you don't look to shocking for long :shock:

Dean

Just so everyone is aware I have been in touch with Hansonread via pm. At this stage I am not prepared to discuss on open forum what has transpired.
I wish him a speedy recovery and a return to the workshop.

FWIW, Waka obviously does a load of work in organising each year's Secret santa,
Another example of the excellent spirit of help and goodwill to be seen on this Forum. Its easy to see how he made the assumption that he did, regarding hansonreed's silence, over the Christmas period.as I for another perceived that Hansonreed's silence made him appear to be mean and selfish at Christmas
Hansonreed, please accept my apologies for jumping to the conclusion that you were mean and very un- Christmas like.

I can't speak for others,
but I understand fully, you're annoyance at me, for jumping to the conclusion that I did and do assure you that I have learnt a valuable lesson, which i will remember for some time to come.
Please accept by most profound apologies and very best wishes to get fit and well again and back at you're bench.
Best regards Rodders

Another classic case of someone puts both feet in it and the sheep follow.

About time this thread was removed.

Well these misunderstandings happen and people apologise that should be the end of it.

On the other hand I know Waka has had a abusive pm from someone on this forum about a SS gift.
I recommend he contacted the mods about it.

Pete

I feel it appropriate to thank everyone for there well wishes, its a strange time for me, so thank you all for your support. Just having to learn to re adjust to certain things, but with the business expanding, I hope to be back at the bench as soon as possible.

Many thanks once again,

Latest posts

Back