Secret Santa 2019 - thanks, everyone.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":2o4wrfs7 said:
I heard a box drop through the letterbox this morning.

"Great", I thought, "Must be my Secret Santa - yippee!"

It turned out to be a bowel cancer testing kit. Not quite so much fun.

Perfect for re-gifting then!

phil.p":3nfm1anu said:
Half way there. :D

It's nice to see it all going well this year Phil. I'm very happy that you're doing such a great job and that the tradition is in new and very capable hands.

I am reliably informed that mine is on its way. Thank you, Not-So-Secret Santa, very much appreciated.

It will be my only present on the day. Now, now, that is not a "poor old me" complaint, I choose to ignore Christmas. It is for children, parents, family and people with a Christian faith. If none of the above apply, what on earth is the point? I have spent the last several Christmases alone. Once upon a time I would have dreaded it, but now I embrace it. I shall cook myself a nice meal (current front runner is a duckling, Chinese-style). I have a cheap bottle of bubbles in the fridge, a trad pudding in the cupboard. I think this is its 4th Christmas. I really should get round to eating it!

I also plan to do my Tax Return. Apparently the server is not so busy...

A tantalising brown-paper-wrapped parcel arrived this morning and has been put where the tree will go when we get around to buying one. Xmas is still several weeks away, isn't it? :ho2

Steve , become an anglo/norse pagan and celebrate mordaniht on christmas eve instead and just have a feast day on the 25 :)

besides when you do die, we all have to build you a big boat to cremate you in, what's not to like

I was at my uncles funeral a few months back and my cousin had us in fits of laughter with his eulogy. My favourite line was “thankfully in the later months dad changed his mind on a full Viking burial, were struggling to source a long boat that we could set alight”.

It’s a bloody good idea though.

Fitz

I went to my uncle's funeral on Monday. He was a ex RN offficer with a merchants skipper's ticket, ex captain of fisheries protection boats, trawlers, rig supply boats etc. One of the hymns was For Those in Peril on the Sea ............. which reminded me of my friend's wedding in 1983 when his best man forgot the hymn numbers to ask for and ended up with that. :lol:

Steve Maskery":n18xa1xk said:
I am reliably informed that mine is on its way. Thank you, Not-So-Secret Santa, very much appreciated.

It will be my only present on the day. Now, now, that is not a "poor old me" complaint, I choose to ignore Christmas. It is for children, parents, family and people with a Christian faith. If none of the above apply, what on earth is the point? I have spent the last several Christmases alone. Once upon a time I would have dreaded it, but now I embrace it. I shall cook myself a nice meal (current front runner is a duckling, Chinese-style). I have a cheap bottle of bubbles in the fridge, a trad pudding in the cupboard. I think this is its 4th Christmas. I really should get round to eating it!

I also plan to do my Tax Return. Apparently the server is not so busy...

Well I hate to spoil your day but you won't be alone, myself and Janet (the Mrs) will be thinking of you.

A wise old Garno once said "As long as there is someone thinking of you, then you are never truely alone" :ho2

I posted mine today, first class. should be there sat/monday latest unless it meets a man with seven wives!

posted mine today, hopefully it will just make it in time 8)

received my gift on wednesday, can't wait to open it on christmas day! thanks santa :ho2

Back