Secret Santa 2018 Pictures here, please (page nine start).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":1rhldol8 said:
Can I remind people it's helpful for your donor to have an idea of your interests - please amend your "profile" to include them. It might not work, but at least it increases your chances of getting something useful, especially if gift is bought.
I’m honestly not sure what to put in profile interest section. If I had to say something, and I don’t mean this to sound ungrateful or cheeky, but I’d prefer something hand made (something meaning absolutely anything). All the things I’ve seen here, from ‘simple’ to complex, have been great.

I messaged Phil about this a few weeks ago, and excuse my hypocrisy, but I have a bought item that I think might be appreciated id like to send as a gift. I really don’t feel comfortable sending anything I’ve made as I’m never really happy with the final outcome.

It's fine Jon, send what you wish. The main idea of putting interests in the profile (to me at least :D ) is to attempt to avoid totally pointless gifts - if you know someone is predominantly a cabinet maker, there's little point in sending turnery gizmos and so on. Nothing's infallible, but a pointer could be of use. :D

Any stragglers? Come on, don't be shy!
I'll draw this evening, and the draw will be circular, so if someone comes in late I'll still be able to fit them in between me and the person after me and also there will be no direct swaps. I'll get my loved one to draw it blind as I am in it, obviously. :D We have a very respectable number, but more would be good.

I'm in

Please let me know which information I need to PM for logistical purposes.

Really looking forward to having a complete surprise under the tree.

Jon.1976":1ef1312h said:
phil.p":1ef1312h said:
Can I remind people it's helpful for your donor to have an idea of your interests - please amend your "profile" to include them. It might not work, but at least it increases your chances of getting something useful, especially if gift is bought.
I’m honestly not sure what to put in profile interest section. If I had to say something, and I don’t mean this to sound ungrateful or cheeky, but I’d prefer something hand made (something meaning absolutely anything). All the things I’ve seen here, from ‘simple’ to complex, have been great.

I messaged Phil about this a few weeks ago, and excuse my hypocrisy, but I have a bought item that I think might be appreciated id like to send as a gift. I really don’t feel comfortable sending anything I’ve made as I’m never really happy with the final outcome.

Generally a good point is to look at what forum threads the person has been most active in to give an idea of where interest lies. Last year I sent my giftee a bow saw as his most active threads were about handsaws

I've received my email with my recipient's (real) name, but I'm not sure what his forum name is. Is there a list here somewhere of all the people participating?

******edit********

It just goes to show that I don't always read the latest posts before responding. Note to self.....

I do apologise for not including user names, if anyone has any doubt just drop me an email. Could anyone who has any doubts at all please email me - if I've made a mistake (which isn't unknown :D ) it's easier to rectify at this stage.

Biliphuster - please can I have your address and email address. :D

Hello Phil,

Sorry to be a nuisance.

I have not received word of my santa gift recipient. I have just updated my email and made some space in my PM box which was full. The old email was out of date.

Hopefully you catch this post.

Thanks, Tony.

Well I made a start on mine tonight and knocked up a prototype. A couple of bits to refine on the actual one but good progress all the same.

Phil,
Well done and thank you for organising this year's secret Santa.

Do we need to post on here when we send the gifts or do we post when we receive it? I know we are taking photo's of the gifts and showing them on here, will that all be done as a continuation of this thread or will a new one be set up?

So many questions and so little time ………..

Gary

I think we could carry on with this thread - I'll edit the title when the time comes. If people could email me when they've sent them off, I'll tick them off my list so I can prompt the others nearer the time. A post here wouldn't go amiss I suppose as it would keep the thread bumped and in people's minds. :D

Back