Secret Santa 2017?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morfa

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any interest in a Secret Santa this year? I can't see any posts about anyone else taking it on again. I'd be totally happy if someone else does want to do that btw. But if there's interest, I'd be happy to run it again.

The forums do seem quieter than they were, but there might still be enough interested folk maybe?

Ok, so to confirm details we'll work to this schedule:

All entries by 3rd of Nov.
I'll do the draw as soon as I can to the 3rd.
All parcels to be posted by 8th of Dec at the latest.

If you're going to be later than the 8th, that is ok, as long as you tell me!

When you've posted your parcel, please PM me.

I will send everyone involved PMs once the draw is done with further instructions.

If you do have to drop out, that's not a problem, but please let me know.

Easy - you make or buy a gift for another participant whose name is drawn for you. Theere is no min. or max. value, the only real stipulation is that you give something you would be pleased to receive. Once you know the name you can look through old posts to see where that person's interests lie - e. g. there's no point in giving a turning tool to someone who doesn't have a lathe. Search for previous year's SSs - there's loads of pictures. (the one's that aren't Photophucket) :D

i would say earlier than that if possible. I think that we normally aim to get it in the post by about 15th dec, so the sooner the better to allow for a bit of research, buying an item or components and making it.

I am in.

I'll be happ to be in again this year after missing the last one

Ok, sounds like plenty of people want it to happen this year. I'll start making a list then.

I'll look at the dates and confirm ASAP. But roughly, I'll keep the list open till the end of October. Then we'll aim to post in the first week of December.

If you don't want to make stuff, but still want to join in, that's fine. It's ok to buy a present instead of making one.

Ok, so to confirm details (and I'll update the op) we'll work to this schedule:

All entries by 3rd of Nov.
I'll do the draw as soon as I can to the 3rd.
All parcels to be posted by 8th of Dec at the latest.

If you're going to be later than the 8th, that is ok, as long as you tell me!

When you've posted your parcel, please PM me.

I will send everyone involved PMs once the draw is done with further instructions.

If you do have to drop out, that's not a problem, but please let me know.

Latest posts

Back