Second chance for Bosch service - Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if the tone of my response came across wrongly

EH? :? Why be sorry? I didn't read it like that at all and I think what you said was very good advice. Nothing wrong with a belt and braces approach, I was just saying that I personally don't bother with recorded :)

cheers

Bob

I decided to send the router back to Bosch.
I was already exchanging emails with the manager of the service section (about my experience of their service levels), so I let him know the router still had an electrical fault, even though it carried an electrical test "pass" sticker from their last repair. He asked me to send it back for re-inspection and mark it for his attention. The Bosch policy is to offer a free pick up from the customer using Fedex, so I sent it back on Tuesday (14th).

I was surprised to see a van backing into my driveway today - a "cheeky" Fedex driver! My router has arrived back only three days after I sent it. Bosch aim to turn items round to the owner in 5 days, so they must have rushed it through. Allowing 1 day for transport each way, they must have turned it round in one day at their end.

It's been repaired, free of charge. The invoice that came with it shows a new armature and bearing have been fitted, which I know from previous threads are in the order of £190, so with the labour it would have been over £200. Also, this time they sent it back with a decent level of packaging, not perfect, but much better than last time.

So in the end, I didn't need to kick up more of a fuss, although I was prepared to.

There was no note with the router when it came back, and I haven't had any email from the manager either, the router just arrived back out of the blue (not that I'm complaining). I would have thought they would want to be able to say "repaired free of charge, to make up for your previous experience" etc, etc, but it looks like communication isn't their strong point.

All's well that ends well. :)

Steve

Sounds like a good result for you Steve!
You have had an expensive repair at no cost to you outside of the warranty period
Few companies would include such a note as it is an admission of fault in their organisation.
There action is designed to maximise customer satisfaction as far as possible which they may well have achieved in your case.

cheers

Bob

You're right Bob, they have redeemed themselves in my eyes, at least enough for me to consider buying Bosch in the future. A free repair to a router that's almost 6 years old is a big plus in my eyes.

Steve

Great result Steve.

probably teaching granny etc. but my only comment is that it's always worth an email thanking the individual for their personal attention and effort.
Gives them the feel good factor making it more likely he'll help the next guy as well

cheers

Bob

Already done Bob!

As you say, a little appreciation can go a long way sometimes, smoothing the way for the next time, either for me or someone else.

cheers
Steve

All's well that ends well I suppose but it still tends to leave a bad impression that I will inevitably remember when I am next in the market for something.

Latest posts

Back