SEASON's GREETINGS.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, that's it then, closing down now for the festive season.

Just one or two pens to finish off in the morning. Bought some pen making kit at the Stoneleigh Show, made one and it turned (!) out a treat so decided that all my usual pressie recipients get a hand-crafted pen (in a nice presentation box) this year. Give 'em all the same, saves any arguments!. :roll: Cut my blanks from a variety of exotics - black palmira (brilliant), ebony, purpleheart, bubinga, some goldfield burr and a few others, plus some acrylic and corian. Even though I say so myself, they are excellent. LOML thinks so, too, and took the first batch I made to work and flogged 'em. Yep, she still works for a couple of days a week - to keep me in the style to which, etc., etc............. My granddaughter, seeing one I had inadvertently left out, said, "Wow, they'd make super gifts." So all of my Christmas "shopping " was done in the workshop! :D :D

So now it's off to put the television away, as usual, shut down the PC in a minute, get the logs in later, stuff the turkey, etc., etc., and have a good time with all the offspring, other halves and grandchildren staying over. Oh, and enjoy some decent red, single malt and vintage port! :D :D

With thanks to you all for all of the help and useful info. over the last year - not forgetting the abundance of good humour (especially that emanating from that small country down in the south-west, somewhere beyond a bridge :wink: ).

See you all again in 2005. With best wishes to you all for a peaceful Christmas and a happy New Year.

TTFN - Cheers,

Trev.

Well if you've shut off the 'puter this is a bit pointless, but never mind:

Nadelek Lowen, Trev! :ho2

Now "goldfield burr"? Wassat den?

Cheers, Alf

Taffy Turner":3t5heiug said:
I think Alf was trying to say Nadolig Llawen, but I'll give her 7/10 for effort! :D :D :D
Like hell I was!
tounge.gif

lisawithflag.jpg

Cheers, Alf

Alf":l7sp24t8 said:
Nadelek Lowen, Trev! :ho2

Now "goldfield burr"? Wassat den?

Cheers, Alf

Is this some kind of wierd Cornish dialect then? :wink:

Goldfield burr is a generic name for several different species of Australian tree that produce stunning burr figure (See Craft Supplies catalogue for pictures).

Regards

Gary

Taffy Turner":tpugmtuf said:
Goldfield burr is a generic name for several different species of Australian tree that produce stunning burr figure (See Craft Supplies catalogue for pictures).
Ah, ta muchly. Now where the heck is that Craft Supplies catalogue...?
ermmm.gif

Alf":en48pkv9 said:
Taffy Turner":en48pkv9 said:
ermmm.gif

I always keep mine handy for just such an emergency! It is the best reference I know for seeing what different woods look like in the finished condition - and it's free! :D

Taffy Turner":24uvwspv said:
Alf":24uvwspv said:
Taffy Turner":24uvwspv said:
ermmm.gif

I always keep mine handy for just such an emergency! It is the best reference I know for seeing what different woods look like in the finished condition - and it's free! :D
I never got one this year; silly loons sent it out with obscure publications I never get.
rolleyes.gif
No telling where the old one is.

Alf":1tqcvjbk said:
Taffy Turner":1tqcvjbk said:
Alf":1tqcvjbk said:
Taffy Turner":1tqcvjbk said:
ermmm.gif

I never got one this year; silly loons sent it out with obscure publications I never get.
rolleyes.gif
No telling where the old one is.

Doh! (homer)

Latest posts

Back