Season of goodwill? Not round here...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless it's a Carrera or something, it's an '03 banger. Just touch it up with a pen or something. If you get it resprayed the rrrsole will probably do it again. You may catch them, but they'll go to court say they have no money and be ordered to pay you a thruppence ha'penny a week, then you're back to square one. Bite the bullet.

Newbie_Neil":3obqmghc said:
Does Doug know anyone local?

Possibly,

I can get you the number of the chap who has just done my neighbours daughters car, she managed to side swipe the side of her corsa & he repaired it for what I thought was a ridiculously cheap price :shock:

Then again she is a very pretty petite 18 year old so Steve's price might not be quite as cheap :lol:

Sorry to hear about your car Steve, is it because the local producer set his house and crop alight so everybody is feeling a bit edgy?

Pete

Random Orbital Bob":3qppfrod said:
I'll lend you my black sequin stockings if you like....they go great with the red handbag!!

I think Steve is more of a fishnets kind of guy...... :-"

Sorry to hear about your car Steve.

But look 03 plate is not old! Cars should be driven until the doors fall off, and then doors of a contrasting colour should be sought at the local scrapyard (hammer) Hoping my 03 skodas still good for another 4 or five or ten years yet.

Well Steve had my sympathy before but now he has my empathy too. After some from the forum I ended up buying my first big van, a merc sprinter LWB and with the normal niggles that come with a van I now have to deal with some annoyed residents who seem to object to me parking on my road, even though I am a resident and with a resident permit.

Over Christmas someone decided to use one side of my van as a punching bad and I found the wing mirror smashed off and the side of my van booted in. I parked on the other side of the road to see the other side wing mirror smashed off and someone has keyed all the way down my van side.

Whilst doing some work on the van on saturday for a few hours I had one irate silly person shout at me telling me in no terms to not park outside his property whilst an hour later some older chap in the council retirement flats asked me not to park on the other side of the road as it blocks his light.

this has all left me feeling very annoyed and miserable ever since as all I wanted to do this year was focus on work after my recent break up. I wanted to spend some money on the bodywork of the van too but doubt I will bother if they are just going to end up damaging it.

Hope things are better for you now Steve and everyone else, take care.

"not park outside his property " WHY?????????????? Does he own that particular piece of road? What do you pay ROAD TAX for? Secondly, I thought you said you were a holder of a registered parking permit for your street?

This is bullying and harassment, pure and simple. CCTV camera and a straightforward, mock passive, invitation to go down the Cop Shop with the next aggrressor to have a policeperson 'adjudicate' their complaints.

No resistance, but standing your ground.

Sam

PS Dennis, as a practicing Biologist, I beg to disagree slightly. Some species embrace crowded living, eg African Wild Dogs. Humans too can co-exist in remarkably 'close' quarters; e.g some Pacific and Asian tribespeople and (at my Uni, years ago, the Hong Kong fraternity). The reported behaviours are simply 'petty Hitlers' and ASBO's that haven't yet been applied.

Yep I have every right to park in one of the bays in that road, if I'm honest I have thought things can turn nasty if he ever confronts me again. I will just have to call the police, it is just bullying and intimidation.

I will have to stand my ground, I have to work and pay all my bills somehow. Just a shame my poor van is being torn to shreds in the process.

DennisCA":ffdf13x6 said:
Natural effects of too many people living too close together.
But it's only OTHER people. I dealt with a woman when selling my house (I knew the sale going nowhere by this time) who asked what the on street parking was like. I replied that it was usually fine but that the two houses next door and the two over the road all had four cars each. She replied that she wouldn't choose to live somewhere that congested. :?

Back