Sears Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaelsb

Reaction score
Hi Folkes

I stupidly sold my Sears Craftsman Radial Arm Saw when I moved house thinking I would no longer need it.

I now cannot find one anywhere except the USA but shipping is then a problem.

If anyone can tell me where I could buy one New or Used I would be very grateful as it is a brilliant tool

Sears are a dime a dozen here....
I`d buy a Delta...but do not know if you have them over there?? Or a Powermatic...

Delta are no longer available over here, either - unless you go second-hand, in which case you may find one of them...

I have seen the model of radial arm saw that I want to buy on Ebay USA but don't know how to go about shipping something like this back to the UK.

Are there any clever people among our merry band who could suggest a way of getting it here.

If importing from the USA you may get hit for Import Duty, VAT and customs handling/collection fees.

VAT will be 17.5% obviously but you might be able to get the seller to deduct US sales tax because the goods are being exported.

Import duties vary but if I've understood this correctly I think would be 2.7% . In the past I've been hit for 10% but it wasn't tools..

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... e=25/10/08

Handling charges can also vary depending on who ships it. These are charges for collecting the import duty and doing customs paperwork not shipping that's extra. I've been charged £30 in the past for collecting the duty but wouldn't be surprised to be hit with that twice if the carrier contracts out the processing.

Sometimes the good turn up having slipped through without anyone spotting that duty has to be paid. Sometimes you get a call from someone in customs asking you to pay the duty and tax before they will release the items. Other times the goods arrive with a COD note for the duty (plus another fee for handling COD!).

Looking more carefully at the listing it doesn't actually say that it's a Sears Craftsman...

It says craftsman on the mounting casting which slides on the bar so i presume it is a sears craftsman.

jon

Back