sears craftsman 10inch radial saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
hi 2 all , i have bought a used sears craftsmanradial armsaw it came with a problem wich is it will run 4 a few secs and sounds like a bag of nails, its brushles so its not that!ive disconected the blade brake so i dont think its that allthough it does"nt get up 2 speed has anyone any idea or experiance of this or any idea wot the problem may b!
failing a solution i would take wot i paid wich was £80 so if interrested let me know
cheers all ben

It could be bearing or if it has an internal centrifugal switch to start the motor, this could have a broken spring.
Either way stripping down the motor should show what the problem is.

Bob

thanks bob thinking about it one of the 2 bearings does have a little play but very minuet not sure if enough 2 cause the problem!
but u sound like u know what your talking about, how much play is is to much or is any play to much?thanks for the link i will have a look i realy hope it helps cos im a total novice and unless its obvious im knackered wish me luck!
once again thanks for the info much appreciated
ben

There should be no perceptible play in the bearings but even so they can become noisy with age. Bearings are virtually always standard parts and so there is no need to go back to the manufacturer for such spares.
I can recommend both 'Bearing Boys' and 'Arc Euro Trading' for bearings. Other suppliers are possibly just as good!

You can really only assess bearing play once you have got the rotor out of the machine and can feel each one independently.

That link is a standard one I have in all my messages and possibly won't help you a lot with this particular problem.

Good luck

Bob

top man bob im gonna order the bearings asap and give it a go ill let u know how things pan, out fingers crossed!
once more thanks
ben

Back