• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

searching this site/

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
try as i might, I can not get to grips with any search on the website, so can someone help please?

maybe a couple years ago there was a quite long thread on a very posh shotgun case being made. i would like to find it to see if i want to make one.
I typed in shotgun case on the top search bar, and got several ads for e cigarrettes, Thats despite having an ad blocker working, so thats me out.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Click search, then advanced. Try again. That is the old search function.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Ta muchly.
My old vista, she aint wot she used to be, unsteady on 'er pins nowdays, eyesights a bit dicky too.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Well, I just trolled through the pics, and no denying its a very impressive labour of love, but my original post (which I had forgotten I'd made) is still very true;
My plastic box, which came FREE with the gun, can go anywhere I go, weighs about a dozen kilos less that that oak one, and saves me several hundred quid for ammo.

Shows how time is slipping by, i said 2 years ago, it was actually four :shock:
So I'm still looking for another project. :roll:

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
I've had the imaginary 177 out. Sorted the imaginary sights . Checked I've a full tub of imaginary slugs. Pish queuing at a local supermarket for rabbit and feasant. If it wasn't imaginary.
Be vewwy vewwy qwiet.

FatmanG

Established Member
Reaction score
Beautifully made box another great WIP I have to say what's inside the box disturbs me greatly. Thankfully its not a big issue in the UK.
Superb work though =D>

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I find it very sad that a shotgun disturbs you greatly. If its through personal experience, that saddens me also, but if its through the scare mongering of politically correct propaganda, I'm gonna set the imaginary pmeumatismatist on you . 8) 8)

Heres a puzzle for you; a loaded gun sits on a kitchen table, at what time does it become dangerous?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Suffolkboy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A shotgun. Or any gun. Loaded or not being an inanimate object is never inherently dangerous. The person handling it however...

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
sunnybob":1gdmiy7f said:
Heres a puzzle for you; a loaded gun sits on a kitchen table, at what time does it become dangerous?
When the person unfit to handle a gun placed it there without rendering it safe.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Suffolkboy":33ylyaj5 said:
A shotgun. Or any gun. Loaded or not being an inanimate object is never inherently dangerous. The person handling it however...
Boy, you've been reading too many American pro-gun sites. They're the people whose 2 year olds blow themselves to bits with daddy's "safe" loaded weapons. The Chicxulub meteor was just an inanimate object........

Suffolkboy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a professional deerstalker. I use rifles most days of the week and shotguns most weekends. Guess what? None of those guns have ever gone off of their own volition. They are tools. Inanimate objects. They deserve respect and should be handled responsibly but no more so than a chainsaw or a planer thicknesser.

If I bludgeoned someone to death with a claw hammer would it be the hammer's fault?

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up with boys of eleven and twelve years old owning their own shotguns and shooting unsupervised. I knew no one who didn't carry a knife.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Likewise, taught shotgun safety before I was big enough to lift a 12 bore let alone sight it, and quite used to seeing one or more resting nearby aground normal farm activities.
Several of my pre-teen wealthier friends had 410's or 28 ? bores. Always had a sheath knife on my belt when not at school. In fact I still have mine, but can't wear it or carry it in public.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A chap some 15 years older than me (I'm 66) told me long ago that in this area at least when he was a boy it was easier to get a firearms licence than a shotgun ticket - rifles weren't used for burglaries and bank robberies, shotguns were.
My mother looked at my shotgun licence one day and said Jeeez, I wouldn't buy a used car from you let alone let you loose with a gun. :lol:

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Up till 97, a firearms license was generally much harder to get than a shotgun, unless of course you were a farmer, as shotguns are tools of the trade. Back then, a farmer wasnt even required to lock the shotgun up as he would need it in a hurry if a fox came calling. After 97 it became very difficult to obtain either license. Now they are treated equally and usually on a combined ticket.
I've owned many guns, and shot literally 100s of thousands of rounds for fun and competition (most likely over a half million). Thankfully, none of them on bank premises :roll:

The reason most people are afraid of firearms is because firearms owners (there are many) are secretive because of politically correct propaganda and do not get other people involved.
I taught my children firearms safety from the start. My son was shooting 44 magnum (do ya feel lucky?) when he was still in primary school.

Yes, emotionally disturbed people and firearms are a bad mix, but that shouldnt deter the rest from enjoying a very demanding hobby.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
sunnybob":2g2susuj said:
......... that shouldnt deter the rest from enjoying a very demanding hobby.
I turned in my shotgun licence several years ago, only ever used it for vermin and food hunting.
Get to test my Rifle skills in Germany with Winchester and short barreled Enfield 303. (100 mtr. range.) one or twice a year. (Obviously not 2020)

And most of these to confirm I am still safe to handle them and can still keep them in the black.
competion guns.jpg

Attachments

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the rules for shooting handguns now? I have done it a few times but only in Texas.