lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
Argee,

I can't quite put my finger on it but you somehow look different today Ray

John. B

Established Member
Reaction score
So who's bought a new car :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: couldn't you get it in Triton yellow

Argee

Established Member
Reaction score
John. B":1o9qtt9c said:
So who's bought a new car :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I did say I was going to in that "Christmas Present" thread a while ago, plus I got tired of looking at my mugshot, so I'm sure you all did too.

More about the car here if you're interested. :)

Anyway - what do you think of the searchme.com browser?

Ray

John. B

Established Member
Reaction score
I liked the browser, modeled on the Iphone by the look of it.
But the car,,,,,,,,,, What a cracker :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I like everything about it.
Congratts!!!!!

John. B

newt

Established Member
Reaction score
Ray looks like a very high spec, I like the split boot feature.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Serious bit of kit. My bother in law is a Skoda fan. He get a new one every few years. Must admit they are nice to sit in and I've never heard him complain about it.

What's the fuel consumption like on those?

Argee

Established Member
Reaction score
newt":2eghdcnx said:
Ray looks like a very high spec, I like the split boot feature.
Me too - and the massive amount of room in the back is another great feature. Heated seats that heat the backs as well as the squabs, 30GB hard drive for music, plus a 2GB SD card slot and an AUX input, means that your choice of music is vast. The SatNav plays CDs and - when stationary - DVDs too, which makes trips to malls a little easier to bear. It's got a rotproof umbrella in the rear passenger door too, which - if you put it back wet - simply drains out through a special channel via the bottom of the door.

Jean and I have assigned our memorised seat positions to our own keys, so whoever opens the car gets the seat and mirrors set for them automatically - brilliant. A lot of thought has gone into the design, but still loads will not even consider it because of the badge. I had a new Octavia before this, which did 45mpg over 36,000 trouble-free miles in four years. I'm hoping for similar consumption from this one too, due to the new common-rail engine.

Skoda have licensed the twindoor feature to BMW for use on their forthcoming Series 3 and 5 models. In the advertising blurb it will probably turn out to be BMW's invention, but I'll know different! :)

Ray.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Argee":1yqjbqnb said:
Jean and I have assigned our memorised seat positions to our own keys.
I do like that feature. I probably drive my Dad's ML once or twice a year but when I get in, I hit '3' and it whirrs away setting me in complete comfort. Luxury!

newt

Established Member
Reaction score
Skoda have always made high quality military machines, its just that the car production went through a lean spell. But now you are getting Audi quality

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you read Autocars views on their Superb Ray ? :shock: It beat a Bentley and an Audi in a group test. We would seriously consider one if we needed a bigger family car, but 2 teenage boys prefer their Fiestas :roll:

Mark