Sean Penn

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16170861

Condemning criticism of his earlier comments, he said: "My oh my, aren't people sensitive to the word 'colonialism,' particularly those who implement colonialism."

From the above, he's correct, thus should we discuss with him perhaps the Hawaiian Islands or perhaps Puerto Rico, better not mention California, New Mexico or Texas of course, then of course there's the touchy subject of Cuba.
Glass houses etc?

Roy.

Who cares what some hapless film "star" thinks anyway?

The Argentinians possibly? I'd tear his argument to pieces, and make him look hypocritical to boot.

Roy.

Good actor
Opinionated gobshyte otherwise (Argentina has elections and we make a good bogeyman,and he's rentagobbing his way into the media)

Matt

Perhaps in their argument with us the Argentinians believe that the Penn is mighter than the sword!

Roy.

I believe that people are entitled to their opinion, I just wish on occasion that they knew what they were talking about! It appears that mister Penn has swallowed the Argie line hook line and sinker.
Perhaps if he learned how the US acquired the Hawaiian islands or Peurto Rico he might have less to say, I also wonder what he might say if a Brit actor were to suddenly start supporting the Hawaiian independence movement, yes there is one BTW. Might put the US president in a spot that!

Roy.

Same in Peurto Rico of course. I think we can safely assume that mister Penn is either ignorant of his country's history or is a hypocrite to talk of colonialism.

Roy.

Back