Seagrass

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
The missus has bought a box made of seagrass for the spare bedroom, it absolutely stinks, she wants me to put it in the garage/workshop until the smell goes, this is not going to happen, so has anyone any ideas how to get rid of the smell.

TIA

Stew

Tell her she's made a mistake, (if you dare) and return it for a refund :lol:

If you do a google on the subject there are loads of suggestions, some quite strange. Most common is exposure to sunlight which clearly isn't possible in the sunny North East :roll: If I had space I would stck it in my suitcase - plenty of sun in Death Valley :lol:

Best of luck - stick to your guns and keep it out of the workshop.

Cheers

Bob

Bob I value certain parts of my anatomy and would like them to stay attached to my body so I ain't going to tell her she's made a mistake :cry: :lol: :lol:

Will google seagrass smells and see what it comes up with.

Stew

DIY Stew":1y4em77e said:
Bob I value certain parts of my anatomy and would like them to stay attached to my body so I ain't going to tell her she's made a mistake :cry: :lol: :lol: Stew

WIMP :lol:

Burn baby burn An accident of course

Lateral thinking :) great suggestion :lol: :lol:

John

It's very hard to describe the smell of seagrass, it's got a distinctive smell and it's not nice. :(

However if you place a bowl of malt vinegar near to the seagrass it takes the smell away! Don't know how it works but it does. :D

Stew

Back