Quantcast

Seagrass

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
The missus has bought a box made of seagrass for the spare bedroom, it absolutely stinks, she wants me to put it in the garage/workshop until the smell goes, this is not going to happen, so has anyone any ideas how to get rid of the smell.

TIA

Stew

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Tell her she's made a mistake, (if you dare) and return it for a refund :lol:

If you do a google on the subject there are loads of suggestions, some quite strange. Most common is exposure to sunlight which clearly isn't possible in the sunny North East :roll: If I had space I would stck it in my suitcase - plenty of sun in Death Valley :lol:

Best of luck - stick to your guns and keep it out of the workshop.

Cheers

Bob

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob I value certain parts of my anatomy and would like them to stay attached to my body so I ain't going to tell her she's made a mistake :cry: :lol: :lol:

Will google seagrass smells and see what it comes up with.

Stew

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
DIY Stew":1y4em77e said:
Bob I value certain parts of my anatomy and would like them to stay attached to my body so I ain't going to tell her she's made a mistake :cry: :lol: :lol: Stew
WIMP :lol:

Burn baby burn An accident of course
Lateral thinking :) great suggestion :lol: :lol:

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
John

It's very hard to describe the smell of seagrass, it's got a distinctive smell and it's not nice. :(

However if you place a bowl of malt vinegar near to the seagrass it takes the smell away! Don't know how it works but it does. :D

Stew