Sculpture- ' Midnights Little Flower'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the first 'proper' piece of work I've managed to produce in over a month!!
This is the fourth piece in my 'Dark' series. I hope the title is pretty explanatory of the design. The colouring of silver, purple and black are the cool night time colours of moonlight. It stands about 10" high.
Comments and critiques are very much welcomed.
midnightslittleflower600.jpg

midnightslittleflower601.jpg

As it looks like it is searching the heavens, or communicating.
Should the name not be Astro---- something or other, or Argentum-Asteraceae-Bellis perhaps.

A lot of off lathe effort in that piece, appreciate the effort and control involved in achieving that finish.

its the 'balls' that make it for me. when the page first loads i see just the 'flower', and my first thoughts were, as usual with your stuff, great work/ finish/ ideas but to me it looked a little 'light'. then i scrolled down the page to get the full image and the balls add the required weight and finish it perfectly. I wish i had an ounce of your inspiration johnny, the tooling i can learn (eventually :)) but the ideas and realisation of such is beyond me. keep it up :)

Lovely Johnny, No idea where you get your ideas from but keep posting them !

no criticisms on the tooling, great work as usual
the flower bit does not do it for me though

Escoulen like balls - you using his chuck?

Back