Scrolled "Kitty" Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just delivered this scrolled "Kitty" box. Cut from cherry with BB paw print overlays.....I had fun with the little toes.....I stack cut them but had to cut extras cause I kept losing them in the saw dust.......lol

Posting pic and the pattern for it below for anyone who may want to cut this one.
The Paw print patterns can be gotten from
http://www.bear-tracker.com/
Lin
kittyboxlg.jpg

For lidunderside pattern cut inner cut using 1/4" wood then glue another 1/4" piece to it and make outer cut.
kittyboxlidunderside.jpg

For box sides use 3/4" to 1.25" wood and make inner cut then glue 1/4" piece to it and make outer cut.
kittyboxsides.jpg

That's a lovely box, Lin. It would make a good Christmas present for a cat lover.

Any tips on lining the box?

Gill

I used flocking to line the "Kitty" box. Have found that the stuff is easy to use and gives that extra "Classy" look and bumps the price up also......lol
Hoping Gill can tell where the stuff can be purchased over on your side of the pond. I ordered the flocking, colored adhesive and the mini flocker thru Donjer products them selves here in the states. I know that Woodcraft and several others over here carry the product.

Surprisingly enough I only used three blades on the box itself. Have been trying out a new blade called "Pegas". The double tooth blade that they make really does well in plexi and the thicker hardwoods. I probably could've gotten by on two blades had I gotten my tension set right the first time. I broke one of them right outta the gate...
The blades are made in Switzerland.......maybe there is a suppiler over in the UK?
Lin

Hi Lin

I haven't seen either the flocking or the Pegas blades over here, unfortunately. It would be nice to get hold of the flocking, but I'm not too bothered about the Pegas blades. I'm told that they are made by Niqua in Germany, the same factory that produces Flying Dutchman blades. However, I don't yet know if both brands are made from the same material or to the same specifications.

Gill

Back