Scroll Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

I bought the scroll saw mainly for my daughter to make her a few bits and pieces ie jigsaw, wooden toys etc. Alos there have been a number of times in the past few years when I felt one would come in handy so finally took the plunge.

Bought a Jet scroll saw mainly to see if I like it and then can take it from there. (Didnt want to send a fortune on one and then decide it was not for me). Will let you know how I get on with it. As for the not using it yet, apparantly it is more important to have doors to rooms in the house than a new wooden toy etc for my darling daughter. (she probably has a point!)

Kev, Isn't that "Honey Do" list the pits.......that list always seem to get longer and your play time gets shorter..... :(
Lin

I migrated computers when i retired and i am sure that this PC was built in the same year i was born! Its extremely slow.
Cannot find the Roo puzzle pic, but found the Cyote family of Father, Mother & child.
Phil

jacopaul-Family_3.JPG

Hi Phil

Unfortunately, I seem to be having problems viewing your picture :( .

Gill

Not sure what the problem was, but re-loaded the pic. Seems ok for now.

Here is the Roo-puzzle. It went to a friends 3 year old daughter with some animals that i made.

Cheers
Phil

jacopaul-RooPuzzle.JPG

The piccies were worth waiting for, Phil :). They're lovely little projects which might look simple but are deceptively tricky to cut cleanly. Am I right in thinking that the patterns were designed by Pat Spielman? They're certainly reminiscent of his style.

Gill

Phil, Thanks for the reload.....I agree was worth the wait. Roo is nice but I really like the wolves.......Kinda lean towards the puppys a bit......I to am curious where the patterns came from...have never seen them before and I have a lot of patterns.......
Lin

Morning (what a fantastic summers morning it be, sun has just peeped over yonder rise, the birds are chirping, music peaceful and that coffee smell ......... !!!) :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the good words.
The Roo was from a pic on a website (not sure which one). Enlarged it till i had the right size. Its about 200mm tall.

The Cyote fam is a pic from a magazine. Its a pair mounted onto a candle and match box holder. Scanned it in and then resized it to a number of sizes. Just happed to end up with the 3 figures. They were cut out as individuals and only later i decided to mount them like this.
Cheers
Phil
(can e-mail the pic if you want)

EDITED
Well it was a fantastic day till about 12:15 when this "old fool" missed the step, fell and tore the ligaments in right ankle. Now have plaster cast from toes to knees and have to keep it elevated. So thats the end of any work around here for a while. Plaster comes off in about 4 weeks. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Latest posts

Back