Scroll saw blade tension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all, just bought a used scroll saw after advice from various members of the forum, thank you. I bought a used Delta 40-560 mk2 2 speed saw (couldn't afford a Hegner) The problem is I can't get enough tension on the blade. Following the user manual I set the tension with the lever in the forward position which moves backwards as I screw the tension on, tightening the blade correctly, but when I push the lever back to its working position the tension comes off the blade, as though the eccentric cam is backwards. It's more than likely something I'm doing wrongly , it usually is these days, but I would be grateful if more knowledgeable members can get me out of another hole I've dug myself. The blades I'm using are Olson #5 reverse😟. Cheers all
John

Morning all, just bought a used scroll saw after advice from various members of the forum, thank you. I bought a used Delta 40-560 mk2 2 speed saw (couldn't afford a Hegner) The problem is I can't get enough tension on the blade. Following the user manual I set the tension with the lever in the forward position which moves backwards as I screw the tension on, tightening the blade correctly, but when I push the lever back to its working position the tension comes off the blade, as though the eccentric cam is backwards. It's more than likely something I'm doing wrongly , it usually is these days, but I would be grateful if more knowledgeable members can get me out of another hole I've dug myself. The blades I'm using are Olson #5 reverse😟. Cheers all
John
Move this over to the scroll saw section on the forum, there are a lot of people who can help.

Latest posts

Back