scroll saw arm dropping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi Has anyone got a solution for the arm dropping please on the axminster ex 30, I have tightened the bolt to keep it up to no avail, this is the second time it has happened, and wondered if it was a fault ??
as it is a heavy lump to keep pushing up ,if it is I will have to go back to axminster and see what they say.

thank you
John hope

Attachments

• hold up man.jpg
    hold up man.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 633
Yeah, the piece of wood idea is good, but it shouldn't be needed - on this machine the arms stays up (or should do) when you put it there - every time. It's one of the features of that mechanism.

I assume you have a Manual with your saw? I have but it doesn't say anything about that adjustment, so I suggest that if your Manual is equally silent you have a word with Axi. I didn't buy my machine from them, but my experience with Axi on a couple of other things I did buy from them it is that their customer service is excellent - I repeat, AFAIK the arm should stay up when you put it there, and if it doesn't there's summat up somewhere.

Please let us know how you got on.

hi AES that's my next port of call ,as we speak I am typing an email to them to see what there input is will come back to you after I hear from them.

take care
John hope

hi again been in touch with axminster and there is a grub screw with a lock nut on the side near the back , mine is on the left as you look down the arm , undo nut and wind screw in dose not take much and tighten nut job done.

take care
John

Thanks a lot for that info John, useful to know. I'll check my Manual again to see, but I'd be interested to know if your Manual mentions that.

Cheers mate.

hi AES I must have had my head on backwards as the manual does in fact mention the screw with the adjustment grub screw did adjust mine but after a short while it has started to drop again, but as I am tying up loose ends this wek it will have to stay like that I am due back in hospital again next Monday for a left hand carpel tunnel op and do not quite know how long it will be before I am sawing again,

been experimenting with making scroll saw castles I will put pictures on tomorrow when I once again master resizing as microsoft has altered the program I used and replaced it with something else so will have to relearn it.

take care
John

Hi John. I guess you seen my other post/s re my absence from the Forum? Anyway, sorry for my delayed reply and thanks for the info. I've checked my Manual and it too does indeed explain about that adjustment to make sure the arm stays fully up. Sorry for my previous bum steer saying it doesn't mention that.

Cheers

hi AES no I have not seen your other posts as I have been missing myself had a carpel tunnel op got the stitches out today so hopefully get back in the shop soon.

take care
John

Back