Scribe tools -for site fitting of fitted furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinBHM

Established Member
Reaction score
I wondered if anybody had a preferred tool they use or a little jig they use to do this

I am doing more installation work and this week had to scribe around some Ogee skirting

do you pro site fitters out there use a tool or use an offcut on site or.....

TIA

I have used an Easyscribe for years - it is very nice to use (one-handed) - there is lots written about it - I wouldn’t be without it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trend-SCRIBE-Easy-scribe-Scribing/dp/B00H5PWUX8

I don’t think mine is Trend branded, but it’s the same thing.

You may have to finesse the scribe around deep recesses eg on skirting as the guide is a flat blade rather than a point.

Cheers

I use a compass, works just fine if you're careful, the best one I've seen is the log scriber by veritas.

Compass for me, detailed scribes need something with a point.

One day I will buy a Veritas log scribe, surprised I have never seen a knock off version, it's one of those things you would expect to find on Banggod for about £20 :dunno:

This one gets good reviews. With the profile attachment you can scribe brick work, mouldings etc. Made by some big eared bloke in Leicestershire apparently.
tooleypark.com

base-attachment-8.jpg
base-attachment-9.jpg
over-under-fat-12.jpg
base-attachment-10.jpg
blue-skinnyboy-product.jpg

Have to say - I've always done scribing with a hand held pencil, perhaps using knuckle as a spacer etc. Sometimes hold pencil on a scrap of wood.
There are many different ways to hold a pencil!

Last edited:
Like to see someone scribe a kitchen cabinet panel around a skirting board using that. It also doesn't take into account the angle of the wall the skirting is fixed to, not all walls are plumb.
I think it does. The jig can be angled to produce a matching angle. Seems to show that at the middle to end of the vid.

Back