Screws for UKJ Mitre slot bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
I just brought one of these home, together with a track for fixing to my (very) DIY router table. The bar come with M6 x 1mm threaded holes for whitworth screws to attach the bar to the sled I'm making, but no screws supplied. Axminster don't sell them - any ideas where I can get some with countersink heads? Thanks.

M6 X 1MM threaded holes are for M6 X 1MM threaded screws.
Screwfix do a range of Countersunk, button head etc
Ian

That's perfect, thanks Nick. Feel a bit silly now - I did try Amazon but some strange objects I didn't recognise came up, and not really having a clue what whitworth screws are thought I'd best ask. :oops:

Edit - to compound my embarrassment at asking where I buy screws from, I remembered after reading Ian's suggestion that I go to Screwfix that a couple of miles up the road there's a place called Fasteners & Engineering Supplies Ltd (FES), a brilliant shop with really helpful people. They told me to bring the bar in and they'd have the screws.
I'll do a new post later asking for suggestions as to what I should have for tea tonight.

Poor old MR. Whitworth.
Youre obviously younger than 55 if you dont know what his threads are :roll: :roll:
He had the right idea about standardisation a long long time before Mr. Metric came along #-o #-o

Yep, let's put it down to my 'youth'! :D I spoke with the chap in the shop and he spent a while educating me on Whitworth and What-not, so I'm fairly expert now. It didn't need a Whitworth screw at all, metric - so my initial post was complete confusion.
And I got the screws! Really pleased with the sled, just a bit safer than my first go which involved a piece of wood attached to the side of the sled, run along the edge of the table - it wobbled, messed up the cut into the face of the bowl, caught hold of the sled and chucked it along the length of the slot and left me feeling less than comfortable with the whole affair!
_MG_8317.jpg

This should do the job a bit more safely.

Attachments

• _MG_8317.jpg
    _MG_8317.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 77
Any day you use a router table and still have all your fingers is a fun day 8) :lol:
Its just that some are more exciting than others. :shock: :shock: =D> =D> =D>

Back