Screwfix

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi
Have been browsing through the forum from time to time and found the reviews and subjects very useful. :)

Just had a splurge on various power tools myself; bandsaw, router, mitre saw, as I have some time on my hands now and enjoy making stuff.

Not sure how many of you use or have used screwfix but have just suffered an horrendous time with them on faulty goods and late refunds.

Have written a long letter to the MD, will report later on what happens

Glad I found this place :)

Cheers

Billzee :wink:

Welcome to the forums from the UKW admin!

There was a long thread discussing screwfix.

They are a good company in my view, althouhg I havnt ordered from them in a while. They usually take almost anything back.

Delivery is usually fast and good :D

Maybe your just unlucky :(

I've used Screwfix many times in the past and I have to say I've never had a problem with them. Everythings always been ontime and they are helpful when ever somthings faulty and needs returning.

I'm sorry you've had a bad time with them. Hopfuly they are just going through a bad patch at the moment. It seems quite a few companies are/went through one this year..

Billzee,

Sounds like you've been unlucky. Assorted members of the Jester tribe have used Screwfix with no problems; the only drawback to using them being the poor "service" provided by Parcel Force. Usually they're very good about replacing faulty items. Now if you'd said you had trouble with Rutlands, that'd be a different thing all together...

Hope you get it sorted out to everyone's satisfaction.

Cheers, Jester

Ive just been looking at my order history on their website and I have ordered twelve times over the last fifteen months and not once have I had any problem.
On my last order I did notice that delivery under £45 has gone up from £4.95 to £5.95 but only twice have I paid delivery and then it was still cheaper than buying locally.

ps bought their 9" grinder for £24.99 lovely little machine soft start and all. :wink:

Untill recently, I had only placed a couple of orders with scewfix. Mainly ironmongery drill bits etc. In both the orders there were a couple of mistakes but they were sorted out fairly quickly. Their prices are competetive ( as far as I know) and genererally there telephonists/sales staff have been courteous

Maybe I have been unlucky this time but hey, in spades :x

Out of three power tools I purchased all were either faulty, developed a fault or were supplied with bits missing. In the process of getting things put right, ie arranging returns and getting refunds lay the worst frustration.

Basically, to cut a long story short I was bounced about the system cut off and various promises regarding the timing of refunds were not honoured.

A member from the team management has acknowledged that I have had an appalling time and I have now written in with a full dossier of my woes.

As I say, I'll report back when I get a reply.

Strangely enough I do believe that basically they are not a bad firm in essence but that I have just fallen into a bad patch with them, but that doesn't help when all the attendant frustrations start building up.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough just what sort of an outfit they really are by the way they repond to my complaint

Edit: PS. Thanks for the welcome :)

BTW Jester, Ive just bought a band saw after reading the review here from Rutlands :)

All seems fine, keeping my fingers crossed. :lol:

I originally ordered with D&M tools of twickenham who were a few pounds cheaper but despite them showing the item in stock ( 2, I believe) they were out of stock when it came to fulfilling the order. They could not purchase more at the same advertised price so I went to Rutlands.

Seems quite a decent little saw though ( elektra beckum bas250)

Billzee

Billzee,

Crumbs; I can see why you're a less than happy bunny. I hope the art of apology is not yet dead, and that you'll get some by the bucket load. Hey, maybe even a voucher or two as well... :D Everything crossed that you've had all the bad luck you're meant to have for a while, and Rutlands can buck their recent trend. (Charley? Where the heck's the fingers crossed smilie?! :? :wink: )

Cheers, Jester

I'm glad I was sitting down when Rutland's, bandsaws and Jester were mentioned. Sorry, Jester :oops:

Rutland's has certainly not had a good press. They appear to charge your credit card immediately even though they don't have stock of an item. The consensus appears to be that if you use them then make sure that you use a credit card (so that you can claim against the cc company) and if an item appears on your bill that you haven't reveived then notify your cc company.

Cheers
Neil

I'm about to put in my second order to Screwfix. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :?

Hi
Well, they offered me a measly £20 in vouchers for my woes. I consider that an insult and have told them so. Am considering my response.

billzee

Maybe it is just me but i do not think that £20 is that bad, most companies that i have had problems with do not offer you an apology let alone some vouchers.

I have been dealing with Screwfix for a number of years and i have never really had a problem with them. Delivery is sometimes bad but that is down to Parcel Force not them. Maybe they should change their carriers.

I hope you get the problem sorted out.

Mike.C

Maybe it is just me but i do not think that £20 is that bad,

It may sound ok Mike but if you ponder just one fact from this debacle you may change your mind.

I had to put aside 4 seperate days where I had to be in to hand over faulty goods for return. Does £20 in vouchers make up for that. And theres much more, much more.

Billzee

Hi Billzee,

That being the case, then yes, i agree £20 is certainly not much conciliation, especially if as you say "there is much more"

It just does not sound like the Screwfix i have delt with over the years. But i must admit i have had some bad experiences with one or two companies in the past and yet to others these same companies have been first class.

Good luck with your complaint and i am sure if you hang in there Screwfix will put things right.

Mike. C

Hi all

Just to say that I placed an order with Screwfix on Thursday, about 5pm and received an email saying it had been picked at 9.36pm the same night.

It was delivered today (Tuesday). I didn't pay for next day delivery but I had expected it to arrive on Monday and not the Tuesday.

I must remember that next time.

Cheers
Neil

OK, after much effort and a little persuasion :wink: Screwfix have seen my side of the argument.

They have paid me the compensation I have asked for and we are friends again :)

Right, where's that Screwfix catalogue :lol: :wink:

OK, pleased to see everybody was happy with my result from screwfix. :roll:

The thing is, my success is everyones, ...............

Latest posts

Back