Screwfix ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked this morning as I wanted to look at prices for copper pipe benders (gotta do some bathroom re-plumbing) - they are still not taking orders and you can't even browse their catalogue.

Unbelievable - and this must be killing their cashflow on what is I suspect a quite low-margin business anyway !!!

They seem to be getting worse! Looked at placing an order just now and they've already stopped taking orders for Wednesday! Usually they reach capacity by mid afternoon - but 9.30am! I bet they are wishing they stayed put in sunny Somerset.
Cheers
Gidon
(kw - the order I managed to place also came next day - but then you have to be very quick getting the order in.)

Why do they disable the blinkin' website ? We can't even check their prices or see what products they have :evil:. I've emailed them suggesting they allow browsing and just disable the checkout section but I doubt they will. :(

EDIT: I just got a response from them !

Dear Peter

Thank you for your enquiry regarding our website, we appreciate your comments about browsing the site. When we reach capacity for next day delivery, we are taking our site off-line as we are unable to fulfil any more orders to promise. Unfortunately it isn't technically possible for us to currently let you browse the site without being able to place an order. Under these circumstances, we have had no choice but to take the site off-line until we have capacity to continue to take orders. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Angela Loader
Customer Services

So they can't do it - but at leat they replied :)

I placed an order on Monday evening and it arrived yesterday (Wednesday). It was packed in a new 'system' box, which does away with the airfilled sausages. One item was missing, so I contacted customer support, who are arranging for the item to be sent. Whilst talking to the lady I mentioned that I was impressed with the new packaging and she replied that it is now done by robots!
Cheers, David

A lot of the delivery problems for Screwfix are due to the carriers themselves. In my neck of the woods Coopers and Lynx were used. Both failed to deliver next day to my property, Parcel Force were excellent, believe it or not, always got my goods next day. I stopped shopping with Screwfix because of the carriers used. Damaged goods, late delivery. Should be an option to have goods sent by Royal Mail or Carrier, if it means paying a bit more I'd be happy just to get my order on time and in one piece!

They seem to slowly getting their act back together - I have ordered a couple of things from them in the last few days - delivered next day by Parcel Force.

Because of a great many complaints, the website and forum will stay open although the ordering page will be turned off if they are unable to cope.

i recently had many problems with deliveries , they are not getting any better.
i noticed today in one of the financial suppliments that the original founders of screwfix (whom sold the company to kingfisher group) have set up shop again with plans to expand there mailorder business to include outlets throughout the country.
if thier performance is as good as screwfix used to be they may be on a winner.
i must point out that i have not tried them as yet but will be in the near future.
have a look at www.toolstation.com

dave w

I've used toolstation and have found them very good. They don't have the range of screwfix and some of their fixings seem lower quality than screwfix (but also cheaper).
Screwfix website now seems back to normal. When I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago they made a complete mess! The order ended up going to an old address and late! Still I got £20 in vouchers :).
Cheers
Gidon

i have successfully ordered from toolstation free postage as well :wink:

Think that screwfix may be getting back on track

Ordered something 11pm last night, first time Ive managed to get onto the site in weeks n weeks, and received an email to day to say it has been dispatched ;)

Signal

Back