Screwfix Trade Counters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
Screwfix are opening a trade counter nearby next week. Sometimes postal deliveries are inconvenient, and I am thinking about using the trade counter. How do others find these outlets? Do they maintain their stocks? Are they catalogue prices? etc.

Thanks

Stock usually ok but if out of stock will order it for next day delivery to trade counter or home address.

Prices the same as catalogue

Some deals are webb only :?

Bit like shopping in Argos :lol:

Fantastic opening times :wink:

And free coffee

Andy

Nick

They are advertised on their webb site or if you sign up for their news letter

Andy

If it's anything like the one in Yeovil then they do cheap bits to rummage through inside as well get some good deals sometimes...

Smudger":14telap7 said:
andys wood shed":14telap7 said:
Smudger":14telap7 said:
How 'trade' do you have to be?

Trade means they are not bound by shop opening hours ie 10-4 on a sunday and easter sunday :wink:

But they are open 10-4 on Sundays and Bank Holidays...

Thats what I mean perhaps I should have said restricted

I find they won't tell you on the main screwfix number if its in stock at the local depo, and won't give out their number so you can check yourself. Only way is to drive there are see. Once there, you can ask, and they will give out their local number.

Adam

Its a good job they do free coffee, it helps to pass the time for the intermiable wait you have for your goods. :evil: Of course thats if its in stock.

Well thats the case in the Luton branch anyway. Rarely got in and out in under an hour in the last few visits and some of them the coffee machine wasn't working either.

Rant over I feel better now.

Gav

gav":327nhdsn said:
Its a good job they do free coffee, it helps to pass the time for the interminable wait you have for your goods. :evil: Of course thats if its in stock.

Well thats the case in the Luton branch anyway. Rarely got in and out in under an hour in the last few visits.......
Trafford park (Manchester) and Stockport are exactly the same :roll: . It pays to have patience and frankly the service/prices at the average builders' merchants or electrical/plumbing wholesaler makes them quite attractive.

Scrit

one thing to consider if your travelling to visit is that trade counter products have to be returned to trade counters. i tend to prefer buying from a catalogue as if i get something wrong or dont want it its easier to return.

Back