Screwfix - Shamed + Praised

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judder

Established Member
Reaction score
Shamed because The brass piano hinge I ordered and so cut with the bandsaw turned out to be brass coloured metal !. Should've looked more carefully. Time to buy those Dure edge blades.

and

Praised, well praise the packer who put a 50 metre 240V extension lead in my box by mistake - thank you my good man !

Stephen

You should have realised by the price that the hinge was electro brassed, solid brass ones cost about £15-18 :(

Maybe you had the same order picker that gave my 20 rolls of PTFE instead of 2 :D , should last me a while

Jason

Hi Jason

jasonB":1o67u6nu said:
Maybe you had the same order picker that gave my 20 rolls of PTFE instead of 2

They once sent me three cartons of plastic damp proof course instead of three rolls.

It must have cost them a fortune in carriage both ways, as I struggled to pick up one carton which contained twelve rolls.

Cheers
Neil

When I ordered my Record DX5000 Dust Extractor, I was sent a £10 set of draining rods !.

Then got a cheeky reply saying it had to be the dearest item missing - as if I'd pulled a fast one !
:evil:

Hmm... Screwfix. Have to say I'm rapidly going off them.
I ordered a whole bunch of fixings a while back. They managed to substitute some brass screws for a massive tin of masonry paint.

When I phoned them to ask for the screws I made the mistake of mentioning the paint. They insisted that it would have to be collected. Should have kept quiet on that one. The screws cost a few quid, the paint about 15...

Back