Screwfix Dovetail Jig advise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_vb36

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am on a very small budget and needs to buy a dovetail jig and came acoss this one on screwfix:12" dovetail jig, Product Code: 17062
Can anyone give there advise on quality and price, or could I find a better deal elsewhere, best wishes Matt.

Yes Matt, don't bother. I have one in my old shed collecting dust. In my opinion they are just too time consuming to set up to use. They only cut half blind dovetails too. For just a little more money you could buy this one from Rutlands:
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-po ... il-systems
This jig requires it mounted on a base plate, (it is easy to make one and mount it.) This jig comes with two cutters and cuts through dovetails of a set spacing but is so easy to set up and foolproof. I have had this jig for a number of years now and wouldn't use anything else. Quick simple and does the job. HTH. :wink:

Axminster are doing a the Leigh R9 which works in the same sort of way but, being Leigh it is a lot more expensive at nearly £180.

Back