screwfix discount

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, any codes for screwfix discount, looking to buy £500 item bit of discount would be nice.

Hate to say it, but try somewhere else? Screwfix is not the price conscious place it was since kingfisher acquired it.

Ah well, good luck with the search. i hope someone comes through. (I like SF and wish them well, but their pricing does them few favours on many things)

Ah well, good luck with the search. i hope someone comes through. (I like SF and wish them well, but their pricing does them few favours on many things)

I agree, as a business we rarely buy from them except emerencies.
The item is a nail gun but I think I've found better value on 2 nail guns together from toolstation.

Out of curiosity what did you go for? I’m in need of a framing nailer soon and can‘t decide between air, fuel and the dewalt battery. Air seems to make sense but for lugging around a darn grreat compressor.

ok posts crossed over !

Out of curiosity what did you go for? I’m in need of a framing nailer soon and can‘t decide between air, fuel and the dewalt battery. Air seems to make sense but for lugging around a darn grreat compressor.

Hi I posted before you, I only really want the first fix nailer as I have loads od 2nd fix nailers for work, however I am going for the set as like you I can't be bothered with a generator and compressor in the middle of a field

I don’t know all the personal history between the two, but I’ve always found Toolstation cheaper than SF and they’re usually next door. Don’t carry quite the same range unfortunately

I don’t know all the personal history between the two, but I’ve always found Toolstation cheaper than SF and they’re usually next door. Don’t carry quite the same range unfortunately

Quite simple - the owner of SF sold it, then a few years later started TS!! You're right about the ranges they carry though so not always easy to compare the two unless buying an identical (branded) item.

My brother is a professional wood worker so uses tools hard - properly but expects them to last.

He was asking in SF a wee while back about an offer that was on, and the guy behind the counter warned him off saying so many of the offers are bult with plastic parts instead of metal to get the price down.

My brother demonstrated that to me as he has a a well known make battery drill he had bought some time previously from them - after a year the gear change started to slip and he found that a key part was in plastic. He now knows that that should have been made in metal as it had distorted. Similarly I have another well known make battery drill biought as a package from SF where the front bearing has noticeably worn and I do wonder if the full price item would have had a roller bearing rather than the nylon sleeve I reckon this one has.
Rob

If you buy any kit from screwfix.
Take tool out of the box, put the receipt in the box, chuck the box in the loft.
best thing that can be said for screwfix is their 3 year no quibble returns.
They bank on you not having the paperwork, I think.

Only problem with that Lurker is I would have to go up 4 floors and through someone else's flat to do that and they won't let me in :cry:

Take tool out of the box, put the receipt in the box, chuck the box in the loft.

Nearly all reciepts are emailed now

Hi I posted before you, I only really want the first fix nailer as I have loads od 2nd fix nailers for work, however I am going for the set as like you I can't be bothered with a generator and compressor in the middle of a field
DBT85 is about to sell his I believe after the last it’s of cladding. Worth a PM to him.

Photocopy or scan the receipt. That thermal paper rubbish can fade to nothing in under 3 years. Lasts better in the cold and dark.

Latest posts

Back