Screwfix Direct

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llangatwgnedd

Established Member
Reaction score
I placed a order with Screwfix on their website at 7-30am Sunday morning(just came off nights) and it was delivered the following day at 11am

Unbeliveble thats what i call service

I've never tested their weekend delivery, but I've always received any order the next day before 1pm

Can`t agree more, :D I use them a lot, only ever had one lot not deliverd the next day, I got a letter a few days later to say sorry and a £5 gift voucher :eek: .
Had one problem once, a tile cutter that I got from them broke just before the garantee run out (problem was i was working in dorset 120 miles from my home) I gave them a call & had a new one delivered the next day in dorset :D :D . I returned the old one when I got back home and it didn`t cost me a penny, great service.
Mick B

Just to be different, I thought I'd slag Screwfix off and say that they are c**p........

but they're not.

How many companies (not just tool suppliers) have a customer service line open until 6pm ...on a SUNDAY!!! And that doesn't employ total morons.

(No, I don't work for Screwfix, but a few freebie's/vouchers are always welcome :D )

I'd probably use them more if it wasn't for the £4.95 p&p on orders less than £40 (Sorry Screwfix :!: )

I must admit, I sometime struggle to get to the free postage limit, and generally shop around coz they ain't always the cheapest.

On another note, Screwfix are based down in Somerset where they have a small shop alongside the depot and a friend of mine recently moved down there. He can often find bargain items that are not even in the catalogue, but he had had repeated delivery problems, so he generally drops by the shop.

As stated earlier, I have only praise for screwfix & until they screw-up an order of mine, this is unlikely to change

I quite like Screwfix as well, some of their prices for screws make even the local building suppliers look expensive and they are cheap compared to the sheds :!: :evil:

Last week on Monday morning I checked their web site, I was interested in getting a biscuit jointer. The Ferm one in the utility power tool range had been £49.99. Well it is on special offer at £39.99 :) so I ordered one with 100 of each of the three sizes of biscuits. It was in my grubby hands by lunchtime on Tuesday. :D

I have only cut a few 'test' joints as the project I want it for is still in the planning stage, I am well pleased with it. :D
I cannot make any comparisons with other machines as I have never used one before, but it would appear to do everything I need. It has positive stops for the different biscuit sizes, a scale in both inches and some new fangled millimetres for the position of the slot in the board and click stops at 22.5, 45 and 67.5 degrees it does 0 and 90 of course. I was thinking of buying a cutter for the router to do biscuits but at this price and the ability to do 'T' joints it was to good a deal to miss.
The only thing I had to adjust was the spout for the dust bag, it need to be rotated by 15 degrees to clear motor.

(Charley, does this class as your first tool review by a user :?: )

Regards,
DaveL

glad you liked the router - I ordered one on Saturday. Hope to play with it this weekend.

I've got a Ferm Biscuit Joiner aswell...I've had it for just under a year now - when I got it, it was £80 :x

It's been great. I used it alot over the past year and had good results every time. I broke a handle off (MY fault) Shortly after I got it and Screwfix took it back with no troube and replaced it.

It cut's accurate slots and its a pleasure to use and set up.

I used a more expensive Skil model at school and I prefered my ferm. You don't need any allen keys to adjust it etc...

I've shopped with Screwfix since its start, advertising in Exchange and Mart when it mainly supplied screws etc. They've never let me down and I've just bought and received next day the Ferm Scroll Saw. When it first appeared in their catalogue it was £39.99 then it crept up to £52.99 but for Xmas its down to £35, great deal, easy to use but as with all Ferm tools, imho, the manual could do with a bit more info in it. They concentrate on the safety asspects, which is important, but there is very limited info about the actual machines when setting them up but like I say, imho :wink:

I ordered furniture for French doors at 6-30pm in the week on the internet and they were delivered at 12-00pm the following day and with the £4.50 delivery it was still cheaper than the sheds.

I also bought the Ferm detail sander not a bad machine at least I can fix it up to a vacum with out expensive adapters or stupid bags (santa)

Latest posts

Back