Screwfix customer service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! It was this morning…
F1A42C58-764F-4104-8FC3-BA6454EC283A.jpeg

Although you do need to watch SF's returns policy. I recently had to argue quite hard for an exchange on a faulty cordless drill outside the initial 30-day period but inside the one-year guarantee. The store manager tried to insist it was sent away for repair, but I pushed the point because they had one in stock, I'd driven miles and was in mid-job so having no drill for a month wasn't really ideal. Sense prevailed.

In Faversham we have an old fashioned hardware store called M&J that will sell you a few screws or nails, they will also sell you a couple of 100mm of lead flashing instead of only selling full rolls at great expense, nice to have a facility like that available.

I know I could quite easily have got a small pack with the bolt/s from my local Homebase but Screwfix had by now wound me up. Why someone at Screwfix couldn't have got a small bag of nuts and bolts of the right size beats me - there's plenty of small packets available in such DIY stores. And for a customer service supervisor (at head office?) instruct staff to take the fittings out of a completely saleable unit??
Just experienced similar. Bought two basic B&D Workmates - largely as trestles. One was missing the ABS thumbscrews that fix the legs open. A complaint to B&Q produced a series of demands for proof of purchase and the tool name plate sticker - and a warranty form. Whereupon they would replace the whole thing. On the assumnption that they would bin the "defective" item, I refused to add to the ecological disaster. One part of the "kit" was a small ABS socket with little wings (for attaching the wooden jaws). They provided two of those (and a third in the other WM). I've glued an M10 nut into those two - they make very fine wing nuts. But my heart rebels at the thought of replacing the whole unit for the sake of two wing nuts.

Attachments

• B&D-Nuts.jpg
    B&D-Nuts.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 21
MM? - really, I find them incredibly expensive for their own-brand Clarke/rebadged items available for much less elsewhere
Not too sure about that. But several times they have had bits on the shelf that have been out of stock at other “go to” suppliers. Maybe I just got lucky. They used to send me discount vouchers from time to time. Suppose it depends on what you want.

Back