Screwdriver Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 2 drill bit sets which came with my last 2 drills. All the drill bits are now ruined and I am sick of the screwdriver bits disintergrating every time I use them

Has anyone got any recomendations for driver bits? I have seen this set on screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro ... &id=18883#

Is buying bits in a set a bad idea?

Looks a good choice to me.

What I would suggest though is that if you mostly use philips (or is it pozi these days) number 2's then go for a set with lots of those in them. Wiha do them as well even though I couldn't find mine on Screwfix.

I think thisis the one I got at Tools 2004 for £7, where their sales guy reckoned I didn't need the diamond bit set (at around £30) even though that's what I thought I needed, and he had to go the his van specially to get my set. He wasn't wrong either, so a great product with great service - highly recommended :)

You can buy on-line from Wiha as well.

Cheers,

Pete

WiZeR,

I have got to stop reading new messages and go out to the shop. :whistle:
I have the set your looking at, not bad. I would go with what Pete says, I have bought a pack of 10 pozi#2. The bits however good do wear out, chuck a worn bit away, don't put it back in the box!

cambournepete":3n6iypo4 said:
if you mostly use philips (or is it pozi these days) number 2's

I think that's half the problem. I'm not sure what I use! I just dive into the box and use the first thing that comes to hand. There was a great thread on here a while back which described the differences between pozi and philips etc. It's something that is always on my 'get your head around' list.

That's a good idea Dave, I may just buy a pack of 10 Pozi #2's and see how I get on. I do occaisionally use flat bits but often find they are too thick.

I've done the same - had several sets that have come with tools,but now have bought DeWalt Pz2 bits (about £8 a box - 25 x 25mm bits or 15 x 50mm bits) as these are at least 90% of what I use.
And put one of each in with every cordless drill/screwdriver.

I Buy theseones from Axminster, grip & last quite well but I still shatter the odd one.

Jason

DaveL":33pf34cq said:
Sawdust Producer":33pf34cq said:
still have not worn one of them out.

You are just not trying hard enough! [-(
:lol: :lol: Unlike my old man. There's a very easy way to find where he may be when he's DIY-ing; just wait for him to use the cordless and walk towards the death rattle sound as another bit spins itself and the screwhead to death in a murderous embrace... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":tjoisp8z said:
death rattle sound as another bit spins itself and the screwhead to death in a murderous embrace... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

sounds familiar ](*,) :D

I use these and reckon they're very good. Expensive but you get what you pay for (usually!) :)

I got a set from Screwfix years ago and have bought one new PZ2 so far although it hasn't even been put into action yet!

Back