Screw drivers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of designing a new workbench and a second tool cabinet.

The cabinet will be for general tools (spanners, screwdrivers, allen keys etc etc)

Upon noticing the Lie Nielsen screwdriver I was wondering does anyone know a retailer of high quality screw driver handles that can take the 1/4" hex bits. Wooden would be ideal but not so necessary. One thing I like is the sprung ball bearing fitting ones that the longer bits fit into, negating the need for a magnet. Also one with a long shaft and one with a short shaft like the LN one:
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/tool.html?id=Multi-Tip

Andy,

I am unclear what you are after. Mutli-tip screwdrivers are ten a penny - mostly plastic and very cheap. If you want high quality, what's wrong with the LN? For length, surely its the bit not the handle that is the important thing?

I do like the LN but it's 45$ so a bit pricey and even so I'd like one with a longer shaft as well as one with a shorter one like the LN.

I do not want to have to add shaft extenders.

I can get cheap ones but they all seem to fail to bits pretty quick, especially if you drop them as i have just done so.

I'm building up a very good collection of high quality tools and so hanging my red and rubber plasticcy one there will look a little out of place.

Perhaps you could remove the handle of your present one and stick it in a wooden handle? If need be use an angle grinder to get it down to a size and shape you can wrap in a piece of wood (two halves, morticed for the former plastic thing)

Back