• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Screen size ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

les chicken

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is it that some topics fit the screen but others I have to keep scrolling from left to right in order to read. Not a big problem but I thought I might as well ask the question.

Les

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
it's usually images that do this, if an image is wider than the screen size then it will scroll sideways

i think there has been discussion before about impossing a maximum image size restriction

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Very long URL's (links) which don't have spaces in defeat the word wrap and cause wide screens that need to be scrolled, this can be avoided if the second option for that tag is used. :D

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Urls we can mod, and often do. Images though, are equally as annoying to us as you I'm afraid. :( I'll draw Charley's attention to it and see if we can come up with a sensible means of getting folks into the habit of posting smaller images.

Cheers, Alf

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbie_Neil":38165osj said:
Hi Alf

Alf":38165osj said:
...getting folks into the habit of posting smaller images.
This is a real problem for those unfortunate enough to still be using dial-up.
Absolutely. My memory isn't that short... :lol:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I find that if the browser is full screen and also the favourites (addresses) are unchecked I get a full screen.
Example this morning is the thread put up by Lynx, this needed the scrollbar unless you are viewing using the technique I mention above.