Screen resolution help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p111dom

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok got the new computer built and have plugged it into my 23" monitor and the pictures great but there's a black boarder all the way around the screen. The scale is correct it just doesn't go to the edge of the screen. Have updated the driver and set the resolution on max to no avail. Any ideas??

CHJ":26u3t6qk said:
Width and height adjustment on monitor?
+1
There will be a menu of adjustments on the monitor itself, two of which will be for width and height. Also horizontal and vertical position.

p111dom":26u3t6qk said:
Nope! Works fine on the PS3 edge to edge just not on the PC
Yes but the PS3 will be sending a different signal.
I agree it will be a pain if you have to keep adjusting when changing from one to t'other.

S

That would be fine as I can adjust the settings on the PS3 to suit the computers settings but there doesnt seem to be an adjustment function???

In using an aftermarket graphics card on the mother board. Can I adjust the settings on this? If so how?

Nope checked the manual and there's no adjustment but just got it sorted. It was the graphics card. It's apparently a known issue with ATI cards that predate Windows 7 when you try to use them with Windows 7. 7 won't let you adjust the graphics card features in control panel so I had to download a programme from AMD to do it. What a polava!!! Still it's fixed and looks great. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Back