Scottish Woodworking Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyroraby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Hope everyone is fine and well, just a reminder about the upcoming woodworking show Andy Hall will be there demonstrating his turning of hats.
There will be clubs from the local areas good chance to meet up and maybe join a club.
Record Power, Sorby and many other retailers will be there to purchase goods from.
Lots of other things going on Wood Finishing, Carving, Pyrography.
Come and meet up with like minded people for a Great day out, hope to see some of you there as previous shows mines a Hot Chocolate :eek: :lol:
See you there.

Pyroraby":3eolch5v said:
Is no one coming to visit :cry:

Will probably try to get there - depends a bit on whether Scotrail are still doing their cheap fares from Inverurie, as it's a bit of a trek by road. And by train, there's less temptation to buy big, expensive things :lol:

If work allows, I'm coming this year. could make the last couple as I was away.
I've looked at the list but how big is it? I know it's a subjective opinion but I'd hate to drive 2 hours each way if it wasn't worth it.
Bob

Having been there the previous two years, I`ll be there again, as it`s quite close to where I live. I found the stands a bit thin on the ground and it lacked the buzz and atmosphere that it had when it was held in Glasgow.
Probably a sign of the times as much as anything else. It does have a good, spacious demo area with good demonstrators though.
If I was coming from Northumberland, I`d probably save my petrol for Harrogate next month.

Ian

Thanks for the advice Ian.

I used to go to Harrogate every year but haven't for quite some time due to work / holidays.

I certainly intend to go this year if I can.

Bob

Well it's fast approaching the Scottish Woodwork Show starts next Friday at Ingleston Royal Highland Centre
For more details go to nelton publications
Look forward to seeing some of you

Pyroraby":jgp32kar said:
Well it's fast approaching the Scottish Woodwork Show starts next Friday at Ingleston Royal Highland Centre
For more details go to nelton publications
Look forward to seeing some of you

Having eliminated Tasmaniandevil because he looks like everyone else, how do we find you ? I'll be there with 2 buddies along with I hope most of the club members from Broxburn.

Rob

Pyroraby":1ktr7ahy said:
Hi Rob
Good news is I think I'm next to you mwahhhhh

Hi Mark
The solution of who you are stared me in the face today !!! #-o Sadly I won't be able to make your demo at the Broxburn Woodcraft Club this evening.

Rob

Well that was interesting. Andy the hat man puts on a good show. Very impressed.
I didn't realise how noisy it would be, so unfortunately I struggled a bit with conversation. I have some industrial deafness, so if there's any external noise I can't hear people speaking very well. So apologies to the gent at the Broxburn stand who was trying to engage me in conversation, I couldn't hear a word I'm afraid.

I was there today too. It seemed like there were more exhibitors than in the previous two years, especially power tool sellers. Good demos from turners Andrew Hall and Tony Wilson on their stands and Stuart Mortimer in the main demo area.
Overall, seems to be getting better, and worth a visit tomorrow if you haven`t quite made up your mind yet.

Ian

Latest posts

Back