Scottish Hardwoods (near Banff)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
According to a note in our local paper, they are closing the business at the end of March, and advising anyone who wants to stock up on their materials to get in touch before then.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

been planning a trip up there for some time now to restock.... best extract my finger..!!

I asked my parents about this at the weekend as they were literally just back from visiting my Granny and the Scottish Hardwoods place is on the road out of the village! Uncanny..

Anyway, Dad said it's looked closed for ages. He used to love browsing in there.

Jensmith":2uudi24q said:
Anyway, Dad said it's looked closed for ages. He used to love browsing in there.

Interesting. The only time I've called in there, browsing was very definitely taboo. Hence I've never actually used them, but others have obviously had better experience.

It's been the only place I've gone to for quality timber. Called earlier this evening to arrange a drop by... the bank manager's gonna freak when he sees the bill..

Back with about 2 ton of oak, figured sycamore, some (t die for) elm and a wee bit of holly just to try something new..

Give them a call before heading up there, still plenty left and should continue to be for some time... palletloads still to be KD'd and sorted...

Back