SCM SI 12b table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge of the SCM SI 12b table saw?

I have a basic understanding of the machine and its specifications, but I’d like to know how it compares to similar machine; quality, ease of use, ease of servicing etc are all of interest.

thsnks!

They have a good reputation but that is all I know. Looks like a sensible and very capable machine to me.

I have quite a bit of experiece of other SCM machinery of the l'Invincible and Casadei series and they are generally well made and well designed for full time professional use though they lack that wee last bit of thought and finish which you can find in a Martin or Stenner or the high end models from Wadkin.

I have one of their planer/thicknessers, been using it for the last 10 years and it’s never missed a beat I would certainly buy an SCM again. Ian
Edit, just looked it up, sliding crosscut, very useful, another saw you may want to consider is the Sedgwick TA315, again 10 years with no problems, if anything I prefer Sedgwick to SCM, no plastic just good and solid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back