Scissor lift table (eg Felder FAT300) - have one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
I have quite a small shop. When space is at a premium obviously multifunction items are a priority, especially those that take up floor space.

My thinking is that a lift table ( scissor lift like Felder FAT300) would serve as tablesaw outfeed table, assembly table, outfeed for Planer thicknesser, outfeed for a bandsaw etc.

Then there is the price of these things. Certainly not good value for money on the face of things.

Question is; do you have one and would you buy it again?

tks

Hi

Look at this video, it has got me thinking and this guys solution is a very vesatile workbench that also doubles up as a height adjustable table for his tablesaw, bandsaw and other items. The ULTIMATE Workbench If you want to progress a scissor lift look at machine mart but this option might take up space and not be that multifunctional.

Look for hospital beds online through gumtree, facebook marketplace or Ebay, the mechanisms are ideal for this purpose. My neighbour has made a superb metalworking bench with one. They take the weight, are designed to be foot operated and move easily whilst being able to be locked when when needed.

shed9 is right, there was some on ebay for £120 the other day, they also have great quality wheels on, I nearly got one but couldn`t organise it in the end.
They are harder to find with the purely hydraulic lifting mechanisms. The newer ones have electric motors instead.
I also found some desks on ebay with height adjustment which I thought about incorporating into a workbench or assembly table, they were only £60, but not sure of the weight capacity.
The felder one is mental money, these are similar Manual lift table, 300 kg load, 950x600x440-1000 mm | AJ Products Online

Ollie

Noticed a post earlier on hole saws where someone posted a utube clip of Marius Hornbergers approach to not ruining them so when I read this thread I immediately recalled seeing the lift Marius did...here it is ;)

I have 2 of these in my workshop, they have proved to be invaluable for moving heavy loads around, have been on site to lift steel beams, stairs and a multitude of other purposes, wouldn't be without them, I have taken the handle off and fixed 2 timber battens (4" X 4"'s) on the top.

Lift

Hi

Look at this video, it has got me thinking and this guys solution is a very vesatile workbench that also doubles up as a height adjustable table for his tablesaw, bandsaw and other items. The ULTIMATE Workbench If you want to progress a scissor lift look at machine mart but this option might take up space and not be that multifunctional.

looks fantastic, now to try source a decently priced height adjustable table / desk

Back