Scheppach

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Although only going by the brochure, I reckon Scheppach are going to have a best seller with their little TS2010. It's induction motor :shock: which is great for a small saw, has a good sliding table which seems to borrow much from it;s big brothers, although not quite as chunky - it does have the precision adjusting fence stops. You can add a right hand extending table, and their are both left and right mitre slots. The fine adjustment for the ripping fence looks better than than on the TS4010 or the TS2500! <gulp>. The fence on the sliding table is adjustable, so you could even run sheets through if you could find adequate support. Nad it's got a 62mm depth of cut. I reckon it'll fill the gap of the Kity 419 and the EB in that range.

I also got my first look at the "adjustable groove cutter" (are we allowed to call this a dado?) for the TS2500 and TS4010. Unfortunately, my TS2500 is of the old design, and the arbour is not long enough to mount it

Adam

(Who spotted their new Besato 1 bandsaw, which is small enough to fit in the remaining 1/2 foot square of unused space in his workshop.)

They may find themselves in competition with themselves if this email received yesterday from MTSpowertools is correct.

Dear Sir,
Unfortunately we are out of stock of the 419 Table saws.We have been advised via NMA Agencies who are now the uk distributors that stocks should be in within the next month.

Yours faithfully

Dean jarvis

If this is so then either Sheppach intend marketting Kity products again or will be selling them under their own badge.

Adam
Are you feeling better or is the brochure as much as you want to lift at the moment?
I'm concerned because I know what a drag it can be.
Hope you are heading in the right direction, now.

SF

The brochure is about my lifting ability at the moment. SWMBO has rearranged the living room so I have an outdoor upright chair (the sofa is too low) and a camping mat, to lie on. I try and move about every fifteen minutes (when not sleeping from the drugs) and managed a trip out in the car yesterday (before I took my drugs) to unlock a gate so someone could check my beehives. I'm not fit to lift the roofs off them. I still can't walk far though. I need regular access to a seat/space to lie down most of the time.

Adam

Adam

That sounds really horrible. I do hope matters improve for you soon. It must be so frustrating having to enjoy your woodworking vicariously, must be as bad as the pain.

Best Wishes for a full recovery.

Roy

asleitch":1ojmdqmv said:
The brochure is about my lifting ability at the moment. SWMBO has rearranged the living room so I have an outdoor upright chair (the sofa is too low) and a camping mat, to lie on. I try and move about every fifteen minutes (when not sleeping from the drugs) and managed a trip out in the car yesterday (before I took my drugs) to unlock a gate so someone could check my beehives. I'm not fit to lift the roofs off them. I still can't walk far though. I need regular access to a seat/space to lie down most of the time.

Adam

Hi Adam

You have my commiserations. I too slipped a disc earlier this year and spent three days in absolute agony before they managed to get the drugs to work. A concoction of Volterol and Tramadol did the trick although I did feel like a space cadet for a few weeks. Took me about 6 weeks in total to get back in shape. I hope your recovery will be somewhat speedier.

I take it the scheppach filter is still in the packaging?

Cheers
Mrbmcg

mrbmcg":yny7yhv3 said:
I take it the scheppach filter is still in the packaging?
Cheers Mrbmcg

Yes, I tried (god only knows why) to go to work to start with, and got the goods inwards to carry it to the car, and SWMBO to carry it to the house. It's sitting in the kitchen waiting to be installed.

Adam

Adam
Sorry to hear you have done your back. Get an MRI scan done, pay for it if you have to, find out whats really happening down there. I had a really bad double disk problem, resulted in surgery but all ok now. You have to see what is happening in order to make the right decisions.

Good luck

Chris

I've had back problems for over 30 years. I had a very bad episode with it last July and was put on Tramadol. It's the 1st time anything has helped the pain but I found myself on the bedroom floor a few times. I realised I was having fits in my sleep so had to stop taking them. In September after a sleepless night I said I was likely to fall asleep in my recliner chair. I managed to take the wrong pill again, tramadol. I came round hours later on the floor unable to move. My arms wouldn't work and were extremely painful. It took me 3 hours to get off the floor and sit in my chair. It was another 4 hours before my son came home at midnight. I had dislocated and broken both shoulders. I have had 5 operations with one to go before I get 90% movement in both arms. The left had to have half a shoulder replacement because the bone had died. The right has a pin that should have been removed after 3-4 weeks. The local hospital tried 13 weeks later & couldnt find it. This left me worse than before. I am now waiting to have a full replacement of the right shoulder. Now I know why hospitals often give tramadol but seldom let patients have it to go home with. It is well known for causing fits. Just as well I wasn't driving when it happened. I was about to put a shed up to store all the gardening kit & make more room in the garage for my woodworking. I'll have lost at least a year before I can finish what I started. I can't wait to start working with wood again.

Thanks Aragorn. At least I have a second change now. With Kity disappearing I was looking at other saws. I found the Sheppach too big for the space availible but the Electra Beckum just right. I would have bought that by now but was told that NMA Agencies have taken over Kity distribution and they should be available within a month.
Woopee. An induction motor is far preferable to the normal motor on the leccy becky :lol: :D

Latest posts

Back