Scheppach TS2500ci which additions are worth the money...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerG

Established Member
Reaction score
...and which ones are a waste?

The product brochure has the following addons:

Sliding Carriage Table
Fence Rail Extension
Ruled Fence Rail
Wheel Base (Not really interested in moving it)
Table with Extension folding (800mm x 640mm)
Table with Extension (800mm x 480mm)
Suva Suction Attachment
Adjustable grooving cutter w/ TC reversible knives
Adjustable grooving cutter w/ spacing circle
Table insert and collar nut

I have no experience with woodworking apart from school education 20yrs ago so I really am jumping in with both feet.

I will be making furnture like stuff for the most part, space is a premium in the workshop but the TS will be a permenant fixture at the centre of the room.

I planned on just buying the base unit, using it for a while and then seeing what I thought might make my life easier but without really knowing whats out there or what would be a better way of doing things I thought you lot might be able to point me int he right direction.

I would probably go for a sliding carriage table and thats all for now and then see how it goes.

What would you guys recomend I get to go with it?

(If it helps the only other large piece of equipment I plan on having is a drill press, no band saw)

Thanks again,

Gary

Although I don't own a Scheppach, I do find the sliding carriage on my Kity very useful. The extension table is also handy.

Gill

I'm with Gill, first one I would want is the sliding carrage followed by the side table. The outfeed is handy but you could make do with a roller stand for about £20. Thats what I went for with my Kity combi.

A router will do waht the grooving heads can do and a lot more besides, I assume the table insert goes with this and you should really use it with the SUVA guard.

I think you get a better deal if you buy all the bits at the same time so I would go for the saw, 1.4m sliding carrage and side ext'n table.

Jason

I've got the ally topped version of this saw and have the sliding table and side extension. The saw butts up to a large assembly table which doubles as an outfeed.

If you can get them to do you a decent price then I would opt for the 2m sliding carriage rather than the 1.4 so that you can cross cut full sheets. Even if you don't plan to do it that often, the longer rail will mean that you have to take the sliding table off less to rip widish panels ie ripping 200mm off a piece 900 long x any width will mean you have to remove it.

I've never considered the other stuff worth having as extras but as Jason says if the price is right....

Cheers

Tim

tim":2e7ib2xh said:
If you can get them to do you a decent price then I would opt for the 2m sliding carriage rather than the 1.4 so that you can cross cut full sheets. Even if you don't plan to do it that often, the longer rail will mean that you have to take the sliding table off less to rip widish panels ie ripping 200mm off a piece 900 long x any width will mean you have to remove it.

Tim

I agree with Tim, go for the sliding carriage and the outfeed and side table

But tim, I have a 2 meter carriage on my EB PKF255 and I am actually looking for the 1.4 meter one, has the two meter is quite long and most of the time i could have done with the smaller one (so if any body has one for sale) (for the 2 meter one you need quite a bit of clearance at the back of the saw :cry: )

I have just under 6ft of clearance front and back of the tablesaw (thats around the main unit not from the blade) if that makes any difference on which sliding table I should get.

The space to either side is more like 2.5ft so if I have the extension table to the side it would be nice if that can fold down just for ease.

Are both extension tables made to fit either side or is one designed to be the outfeed?

Gary

Ah, just read the brochure again, the extension tables are made for width and length and the width one is the folding one which is great.

Thanks,

Gary the blind and stupid

Back