Scheppach TS2500CI saw - where to buy ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeElms

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning to buy this item in the next few months (once the workshop space is ready).

My question is whether the setup of this saw is at all complicated.

Homewood advise that 'in our opinion these saws are unsuitable for self assembly' -- how true is this. Presumably because of this level of service, their prices are higher than other suppliers:

(for saw, 1.4m sliding table & width extension, delivered to Bracknell, Berkshire)

• Homewood: £1586
    D&M: £1464
    Rutland £1455

I used Homewood, and liked the fact they set it up - and also delivery is "free" and they carry the fully assembled machine right in and put it exactly where you want it - not pallet left by the front door! Dave also checks everything is operational before delivery, so you won't ever have any problems having to return anything, and they deliver "after-work" so you don't have to take a day off.

Did you check out the delivery price for Rutlands/other - normally they charge extra as they are "special deliveries".

Scheppach supply a huge kit of parts I believe - and it's quite time consuming to setup. I reckon it's worth the extra to have it operational immediately.

Adam

Thanks for this information.

For my location (not exactly local to them !) the price I quoted includes a £35 delivery charge; I'm not sure by what means & when the delivery would be made. The other prices include the appropriate delivery charges as well.

Has anyone out there done the assembly of this saw themselves ?

Hi Lee

I can't offer you any advice with regard to setting up the Scheppach, but I do have an observation to make about self-assembly.

I take onboard the comments made by Adam and the excellent service that Homewood provide but, if you set the saw up yourself you will understand exactly how it all fits together and also the adjustments you need to make to keep it set up correctly.

Just my two cents.

What do you think Adam?

Cheers
Neil

Neil,

I think you make a very good point about self-set up. It is nice to get the machine fully assembled (I got mine from Homewood too) but in my case, the adjustments of some things were not spot on and I had to delve deeper than I would have expected, to fix them. Doing it all myself would have taken longer but I could have then ensured every step was to my satisfaction.

Another point is that I could have more easily got the saw into the workshop if I had received it in bits and assembled it once inside!

Newbie_Neil":owvofnrg said:
I take onboard the comments made by Adam and the excellent service that Homewood provide but, if you set the saw up yourself you will understand exactly how it all fits together and also the adjustments you need to make to keep it set up correctly.

Just my two cents.

What do you think Adam?

Cheers
Neil

I think I'm in the minority here, as Noely has made the same comments as you before Neil.

However, whilst I agree putting them together helps, lots of the process is just general "grunt" work, and having someone else do it is a god-send. Furthermore, knowing it's setup correctly gives you a taste for how well the machine should work, and thus when things go out-of-alignment, or whatever, blades get dull etc, you have a good idea of what to expect. This means after you start fiddling about, you have the original setup as a reference of how good it should be.

Also, I have limited enough time in the workshop already, and in the same way I don't like fettling hand-tools, I'd rather be using and making things. I think both theories have good and bad aspects to them, it's personal preference really.

I like the fact that Homewood carry it in, and put it exactly where you ask, and certinaly on mine, they'd run it up and checked everything was running smoothly, which makes sure you don't find missing guards/broken motors/other faults which several members have mentinoed on here from other manufacturers/retailers recently.

Adam

I've never used Homewood, but I'm glad they exist! My preference would be a combination of both. I'd love the delivery team to carry the heavy tools to the workshop and put them in place and get it up and running. I'd pay extra for this especially for the "after-hours" delivery times.
But then I'd spend a while with the manual checking all the setup to my own satisfaction.
As Adam says - get the grunt work done by them and take care of the detailed stuff yourself!

JM2C

Aragorn":4ps217zd said:
I've never used Homewood, but I'm glad they exist! My preference would be a combination of both. I'd love the delivery team to carry the heavy tools to the workshop and put them in place and get it up and running. I'd pay extra for this especially for the "after-hours" delivery times.
But then I'd spend a while with the manual checking all the setup to my own satisfaction.
As Adam says - get the grunt work done by them and take care of the detailed stuff yourself!

JM2C

OK that's sort of what I do, only I normally run it for a month or two, before getting right down to the nitty-gritty and tweaking anything. Homewood do deliver after hours, and are very accomodating, ringing before they set off, etc. Also with the massive influx of cast-iron into entry and mid level machines, your "average" delivery company who deliver without tail-lifts are starting to struggle. Seems Homewoods business is benefiting from people having bad delivery experiences with the likes of Rutlands - having purchased large/heavy machines, and then they just "roll" them off the edge of the van. It is then up to you to move them in, piece by piece, and ring Rutlands to come and collect the broken bits!

Adam

I get my TS2500ci from Rutlands on Thursday! :) :) :) (well, shipped directly from NMA actually)

I couldn't find any other suppliers cheaper for this, the HA2600 and HMS260ci :)

I'd certainly recommend Rutlands - they've given me very good service so far.

Digizz":1rhuh12f said:
I'd certainly recommend Rutlands - they've given me very good service so far.
Yep, don't recall anyone having any trouble with them taking the money... :roll:

In cynical mood, Alf

Yes - there is that one downside in that they do take the money up front for an order (even if it's not going to ship for a month).

I complained about this and they took an internal order but it wasn't placed with NMA oficially. However, I just ordered it officially once I knew it was closer to shipping.

Not a good policy especially as the order is dealt with directly by NMA - i.e. they don't have to get it in and risk the customer cancelling.

Otherwise - the help, advice and support I've had has been very good :)

Lee,

My TS2500ci came today - it certainly comes in a lot of bits! - but for me, that's half the fun of it, I always liked mechano!

I'll let you know how I get on assembling it.

Well, many many hours later I'm still assembling it!

Trouble is the manuals are for the TS2500 and even though it says TS2500ci on the cover, there are loads of modifications/changes that aren't shown :(

It's a case of guess where the bolt goes - fix it and then replace it when you find a better one ;)

Well, 23:30 and it's all done :) What a great bit of kit, very well made.

Just a shame the manuals are so poor and not updated - takes you an extra couple of hours to figure it out but well worth putting it together yourself so you have an intimate understanding of how to adjust heights, angles etc if you need to in the future.

Just need to start using it now :)

Enjoy your saw , i think you get a lot more satisfaction from self assembly and a greater understanding about how it works, and if any problems occur with alignment its easy to sort out .You better hurry up and make something b4 swmbo asks how much it costs :lol:

yeah - and I never realy realised how BIG it is with sliding table and fold away table extended! Anyone looking at my workshop now would think I'm going into business making pine furnature ;)

Digizz":17vdydk4 said:
yeah - and I never realy realised how BIG it is with sliding table and fold away table extended! Anyone looking at my workshop now would think I'm going into business making pine furnature ;)

No space in my workshop to extend that table - I had to move outdoors!

Adam

medium.jpg

2 questions:

1) re. assembling etc. how much work is there is terms of adjustments, rather than just bolting things together, etc. ?

2) I guess I could work this out somehow from the product info., but what is the size of the saw with sliding table and width extension (i.e. width, depth) ?

There's a LOT of adjustment - it seems that pretty much every screw/bolt affects some adjustment or other.

Back