Scheppach TS2500 set-up issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has come across this or knows how to sort it.
On the sliding carriage fence I have the micro-adjust stop and I have previously spent time adjusting level of carriage to table, and all square fence to blade, but the flip-stop on the micro-adjust isn't square vertically. It's not a lot out, but when cutting tenon shoulders in bigger stock (5 x 2 for example) it's enough to spoil the result.
I got this machine second-hand and have the main manual but not one for the sliding carriage. I can see no way to adjust the squareness of this component to the sliding table.
Any ideas welcome please (but not the one where I file the whole face of the flip-stop Jim, not that one :wink:
ts.jpg

Attachments

• ts.jpg
    ts.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 112
Hi,

You probably need on of those ball pein fine adjustment devices 2 1/2Lb should do.

Or look for play in the pivot.

Pete

Sorted now... sorry! I was looking in totally the wrong place. Turns out the main culprit was the detachable fence has vertical play in it's track (quite a lot) and I had carelessly shifted it along a bit. A combination of re-levelling the fence in its track, and re-levelling the sliding table to the main table - all good now.
It seems with these things it may be best to start at the beginning (level sliding table to main), then set-up the fence assembly on that to get fence square to blade, then level the actual fence. Suppose a manual may have helped!

Back