Scheppach TS2500 (Ally) trunion alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a word with MNA about this when I first got my TS2500 (with the alloy top). It would appear that you can undo the screws front and back just under the edge of the table and re-position the panels.

I never tried it as it seemed to much hassle and if you have the sliding carriage I don't supose there is much point.

Keith

Hi all

I contacted Adam about this as he really gave the machine the once over when he did his original review. Unfortunately it was not an area he tested in the shop.

But what did come out of the conversation was that NMA have a set of "UK" instructions which are hand written with hand drawn diagrams. They don't advertise them as being available, but they do exist and should cover all points.

I think it's over to NMA, even if it's a third hand saw, as they must surely still have the Ally version of the documents.

Cheers
Neil

I sent an email to NMA earlier in the week but I presume it must have got lost in the ether, I didn't receive a reply so finally I gave them a ring. The relevant technical guy was busy at that moment but he was good enough to ring me back later and talk through the problem/solution.

There are 4 bolts which fix the die cast trunion mount to the underside of the table, there are also 2 steel plates either side of the trunion mount bolted to the frame. The reason the mounting cannot be adjusted is because these steel plates restrict any movement of the mount. However the only reason for these steel plates is to avoid damage to the saw during shipping, so once the saw is with the end user they can safely be removed. This allows for 3mm of movement of the trunion mount (as the mounting holes are oversized), that should be enough to pull it into line. In addition each table section is screwed to the frame separately and each section can be adjusted separately so if the mitre slots are not quite parallel that can be adjusted too

I will have a go at adjusting the saw tonight and let you know how I get on.

G

However the only reason for these steel plates is to avoid damage to the saw during shipping, so once the saw is with the end user they can safely be removed.

Well done for contacting a sensible person it always helps :) It would seem though that the plates removal and further adjustment should be described in the manual, if they are aware of the problem. In fact it's not really an alignment problem at all but a communication issue. They are letting the product down by not following through with this. Don't know what I've added there but I feel better saying it :)
cheers Alan

muttongeoff":1snjvc8k said:
This allows for 3mm of movement of the trunion mount (as the mounting holes are oversized), that should be enough to pull it into line. In addition each table section is screwed to the frame separately and each section can be adjusted separately so if the mitre slots are not quite parallel that can be adjusted too

I'll try and file this information in my "useful" posts memory, and refer people back here if the same issue every comes up. Thanks for posting the solution.

Regards,

Adam

Not an owner of this saw but:
If 3mm of movement is allowed for does that mean that if you meet an obsitnate piece of timber going through the blade is there a risk of fixings slipping and upsetting the alignments made as above?

I think I can quite catagorically say no. The forces required to move the tightened up fixing would be greater than the forces required to distort the metal.

G

Back