Scheppach ts2010 fine adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighillman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've taken the nuts off the fine adjustment on my Scheppach ts2010 and I can't remember how to put them back. If anybody has one of these saws and can describe how to put the fine adjustment back together, I'd really appreciate your help, thanks.

Hi - I have one of these. Not sure which fine adjustment you mean, but if you could be a little more specific I may be able to help.

I also have one, can you post a picture? also NMA can send you some supplemental setup instructions if you ask them.

I can't seem to get the photo I've taken uploaded. It's the fine adjustment on the fence adjustment controls. Sorry, should've been more specific. I'll phone NMA and see if they have any specific instructions and hopefully they'll have a picture of this part assembled properly. By the way, I'm about to buy an extractor for it. I'm looking at the Scheppach ha 2600 but it's a bit pricey. Axminster do some similar looking ones that are cheaper but I find it difficult to compare the flow rate and other technical jargon. Do either of you use an extractor successfully with this machine? Thanks for taking the time to help.

Does this help?

ts2010-foldingstopsecondary image 2.jpg

Mick

Attachments

• ts2010-foldingstopsecondary image 2.jpg
    ts2010-foldingstopsecondary image 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 113
Wow! That's brilliant info. I'm sure that'll come in handy when anything else goes wrong too. Thanks a lot. Problems solved.

It'd be good to hear how you're doing with regards to extractors for this saw too if anyone has time to mention it.

bighillman":1bk8mye1 said:
It'd be good to hear how you're doing with regards to extractors for this saw too if anyone has time to mention it.

If you have a stand...take the bottom panel off and leave it off and let the dust fall down to an extractor hose placed underneath. Every so often...turn the saw over and brush and suck out all the dust...particularly from the cogs...

DSC_0001.JPG

.....this is why....

DSC_0004.JPG

The rise and fall will get progressively worse if you don't and I hear from my supplier that the plastic bits break if you neglect this...

DSC_0009.JPG

Also pay particular attention to the air intake of the induction motor and the spindle near the belt.

DSC_0007.JPG

I am working on a SUVA guard which will have full dust extraction but this will only partly solve the problem.

It is one of the weakest points of this range of tablesaws.

Jim

I also took the base off, otherwise you just get a saw full of sawdust!

I use a Makita 440 http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/search.php?se ... Y&catpage=

this has auto power on and a few other useful things, although the double lined bags (best for health) are a bit dear.

I use this connected to 8 different tools with blast gates, and a total distance of 5m to the table saw, so should be ok.

However note that i am only connecting at the back, and NOT using the top of the blade dust extraction unit, as i found this just got in the way all the time, and actually made the machine more dangerous.

Thanks for that. and thanks especially for the photos-don't know why I can't upload mine, I'll have to sort that out. I'm glad you both said that about the base and the dust build up, I removed my base early on too. I'm still considering the ha2600 extractor that is recommended for it but costs £370.00. I'd just hate to buy that and find it doesn't resolve the problem of having to brush it down underneath every time I use it.

I guess it depends on what you are going to be cutting, and what other machinery you have that needs an extractor. Until very recently I used a SIP 01342 which was fine for general use, although I have recently replaced it with a Camvac 386 twin motor as I wanted finer filtering for MDF dust and more suction for the p/t.

I believe Nilfisk do a number of very good extractors, and they have the advantage of auto switching which is nice to have. However, if you are going to attach extraction to a planer/thicknesser I think you'd be better off with an extractor with a 4" pipe like the Scheppach or Camvac. I have no experience of the Scheppach, but remember that for fine MDF dust you'd need to budget for the fine filter in addition to the standard machine. The Camvac is great, sucks up everything from 0.5 micron dust up to workshop mice and passing children, and has the advantage that the debris doesn't pass through the fan so sucking up small offcuts or screws won't damage it. Costs about £350 if you buy it at one of the shows. But there are others that'll do just fine on a saw, router table, portable power tools (circular saw, Domino etc) for less.

I think the more you spend, the more you will get, and the only benefit of the Scheppach is that it will fir straight away. however you will be able to get the adaptors you need for most common vacs.

with regards to brushing every time, i use mine for probably and hour a week, and i turn it over and brush it all out every quarter, so i am not sure you will need to do every day unless you are a very heavy user. I can see most of the dust flying along my clear plastic piping, so i know it is picking up a lot of dust.

Back