Scheppach TS2000 problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any prizes for reviving the oldest thread?
I've just spent an instructive couple of hours trying to sort out my TS2000. Same problem as here, the rise/fall mechanism was getting harder and harder to move and it got to the point where I couldn't retract the blade below 10mm.

What I found is that the cylinder that moves the saw blade has a hollow centre that accumulates dust. Since the dust falls to the bottom, this acts as a stop to the lower movement of the blade.

To fix this, just turn the saw over and remove the bottom plate. Next, raise the blade as far as it will go - it'll need to be above 40mm to expose the screw thread at the centre of the rise/fall cylinder. To clear all the collected dust I used a length of stiff steel wire. Just poking around inside the cylinder loosened a load of dust which I just blew away. That alone improved the travel of the blade down to 5mm. It turns out there was more dust trapped under the access hole in the cylinder (you'll have to poke around on both sides of the cylinder). To get to that I bent my wire into a hook of about 15mm, so when I put it back inside the cylinder, it could sfift all the stuff above the access point. That seemed to get all of the dust and after cleaning everything I found that the blade would fully retract down to 0.
In the process I do seem to have bogged the blade height indicator, so I'll have to go back in at some point and fix that. But generally I use a proper height gauge and test cuts, so it's not too important.

Pete, if there were a prize, would I get it now? :)
So 15 years later I'm still a happy owner of my TS2000, and similar to you Pete, I regularly have a go at inverting it and cleaning it all out.

I removed the bottom metal sheet permanently to allow the dust to fall away freely which may help too. Then attached an old sheet inside the base with magnets which catches the dust and keeps the floor clean.

Are there still many TS2000 users out there?

Cheers

Paul

Back