Scheppach TS2000 Modification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NormanKing

Established Member
Reaction score
I own a Scheppach TS2000 table saw and I thought I would share the following information with all you TS2000 owners.

I always felt that the sliding carriage steel wheels running on the aluminium beam was the worst feature of this saw and at the recent Alexandra Palace exhibition I noticed that the latest TS2000 had steel strips on the aluminium beam for the wheels to run on.

I asked the NMA (The Scheppach Importer) representative about this modification and he told me that it can be retro fitted to older saws.

I dually contacted them and ordered the steel strip. It is basically 5m of 10mmx0.3mm rolled steel strip and costs £10.81 (including delivery). They recommend a contact adhesive like EVO Stick to glue it on. Once attached the sliding carriage wheels have to be adjusted to take into account the extra width.

Needless to say, with this modification the carriage is much smoother and the aluminium beam is protected from long term damage by the steel wheels.

If anyone wants to retro fit their TS2000 NMA can be contacted on 01484 400488 and the part number for the steel strip is 53208100STRIP.

Hi Norm

Welcome to the group, good to have you on-board.

You're not the mighty bearded one in disguise, are you? :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Norm,
Thanks for that info - I had seen the strip at the show but being quite dumb had not asked if it could be retrofitted. Well done! I shall now order some.

thanks to Norm for plugging NMA but just to correct him slightly, the part number for this strip is now 53208114. the price is correct.
Again, if anyone has any probs or queries with any Scheppach or Mafell products bought either thru us direct or your nearest dealer, then don't hesitate to ring us and we will try and help....Thank you.
Richard one of the menatnma

Thanks NormanKing - I eagerly checked my saw to find I already had the steel strips fitted! So if you need any pics for fitting etc let me know.
Cheers
Gidon

Back