Scheppach tiger 2500 grinder heads up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the Scheppach Tiger 2500 wet grinder and use the Tormek accessories with it. I decided to buy the Tormek adjustable rest for it and it arrived today only to find that it wouldn't fit the Scheppach. Each of the mounting holes are wider apart on the Scheppach. Not to be outdone I modified it by re drilling one of the holes in the casing being careful to keep it parallel. It now works fine I am glad to say. Just thought I would mention this in case anyone else is in the same boat. :roll:

Looks like I am the only one to have come across this problem then? Either that or I am too stupid to have found out first before buying it. :oops:

I thought of doing the same until I found out that every time you move the tool rest you need to re true the grinding wheel (you just can't get rest back parallel to wheel surface if you move it). It's much better to set the rest (say) 9mm clear of the wheel with a slip of mdf as a spacer, and true up the wheel. Then, do not move the rest at all until wheel gets glazed; re set rest to 9mm and re surface with your expensive diamond. Above applies to chisels and plane blades, adjust grind angle by changing projection only.

I guess if you only sharpen carving tools etc, maintaining an easily achieved 90 deg edge is not important, and you can use the twiddly fine adjust wheel on the rest.

Latest posts

Back